Re: TELEFANG ROM BASE

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

Hi there... Everyone of us wondering about Keitai Denjuu Telefang 3 game. During my progress which I start remake from older project <Due glitches> I start make again TELEFANG ROM BASE. This rom base was made on Pokemon Ruby. And when Maruju engine was made I should implement them to game. Since now. I make by my customization of Pokemon Game to Denjuu Like style.

~~~~~~FEATURES~~~~~~
- All Denjuu from "Two Generations" Which sum is 333.
- Extra spaces for adding new Fanmade Denjuus <In sum of 78 spaces>
- Completly remade Type system from Telefang 2. <With Extra move types including Poison, Dark and DENMA type <Denma Type moves are powerfull>
- Porting as much I can music from Telefang 1 and Telefang 2. <I try do all in my force to port as much I can do>
- Remade Items from Telefang Game.
- Return of Chiru

~~~~~~CHANGES BETWEEN TELEFANG GAMES and MY ROMBASE~~~~~~
- No Test Evolutions.
- Appearing of Habitat Stones which can give you able to change your Denjuu to specyfic type.
- When you lost you do not lost number of Denjuu.
- You can use six denjuu having in your pocket.
- Appearing of Denma Chip-s <Or Denma Cards. IDK what name was better> Which capture electric signal of Denjuu.
- Update Stores. With able to obtain most even evolutionary stones.

~~~~~~PROGRESS SO FAR~~~~~~
TO Alpha 1
- Graphic changing ( 40% - For now included Denjuu World Overworld Tilesets. I plan to inster also DUNGEON tilesets and Human World ones.)
- Denjuu Implementing (80% - All sprites included. Now I need to change them and use chart from Wikifang)

To Beta 1
- Music Changing (5% - For Now I've only riped Wild Denjuu Battle from Telefang 1)
- Diffrent Fanfares for Obtaining Denjuu and for won the Battle (0% - I need to figure which from two fanfare themes in rom memory is for Capture Pokemon. I port both themes from Telefang 1)

~~~~~~~~~~SCREENSHOOTS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image - With place to your nicks.
Image - What Denjuu was on Tile Screen? <Rid Off Pokemon Text from Tile Screen>
Image - Example of Tilesets for Overworld.
Image - Another example
Image - Chose Denma Chip <I do not change text yet. So still it said Prof.Birch and Pokemon>
Image - Keshi Attack <I change that text>
Image - Info about Crypto <Still said PKMN Info. But I change it> Example of Habitat types.
Image - Example of Move Types. Stats type resamble all moves who decrease or increase stats or make health status change.
Image - Bonus Chip for sell <You got Bonus Chip by bought 10 denma chips at once> But wait? Chiru?
Image - Denjuu Index. I port also Unknown Mark from T2. <Shroomish is still now in game. On its place was been added Denjuu. Currently I do not edit that slot>

Keep tuned. I hope you like my rombase at

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PROGRESS REPORT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- I've test completly new Type Chart. It works ideal. For new types I've add my custom particles.
-- Dark Type Moves affect more Forest and Grasslands Denjuu. But It's weak for Mountain Denjuu.
-- Poison Type moves do not have special affection for all types. But all moves of this type affect by poison.
-- Denma Type Moves are supereffective for all types of Denjuu. I want to keep by this the powerfullnese of Denma Power Moves.
- Denjuu From Crypto to Punica last evolution was edited. Now is able to use them fully in game.
- I take more advantage to music editing. I try make more better Wild Denjuu Battle theme from T1 in Pokemon Ruby Engine.
Aezarce(imported)

Post by Aezarce(imported) »

I like where this project is going, progress sounds like its going smoothly as well. Good luck on the continuation of this project.

Thank you. I hope when I release any Beta you like it. But I have bad new's. I can't port telefang music to Pokemon Ruby. That was been horrible in result of game. But only one which is good is my recreation of Telefang 1 Wild Denjuu Theme. If you want I include it to my game. For recompensation of no Telefang Music. I port Pokemon DPPT soundfonts to Ruby game for better sound effects in game.

~~~~~~~~~DIALY PROGRESS~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Denma Chip's of All kinds was fully made.
- I do little correction with typing Moves. All powerfull moves like FRENZY PLANT, HYPER BEAM or OUTRAGE is now DENMA type. And it will give double damage to any Denjuu Type.
- I start remade items to much some from Telefang games. For example changing Potion to HERB. Super Potion to Herb Pills <And reduce HP restore from 50 to 40> Sacred Ash to ??? FLOWER. Full Restore to Unknown Bud. And some like that.
- Fix glitches caused by Habitat Stones. Now it work's great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LEFTOVERS FROM POKEMON ENGINE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Unown. The system of this Pokemon is still mystery for me. IDK how to rid off random forme showup. When I did it. I give able to use extra 25 places without Unown which give you able to set sum of 436 monsters.
- Badge System. Still IDK how to rid it off. It mean. That you still need badge to use Surf. But Meybe I repleace Badges by DENJUU MARKS.
- DOUBLE TRAINER BATTLES. I know that Telefang Game do not feature Double Battle which give you able to use two denjuu in that same time. But with keeping six monster team. I think is good idea to keep that style of battles. So CRYPTO and REX can fight in one team.
Aezarce(imported)

Oh I understand, that's a shame. I don't know much about programming, but is the music for GB and GBA in different formats?

Yep. GB and GBC is programing using Z80 machine. So GBA games have other machine using ARM7 procesor. About music sharing. Telefang game have other music program since M4A. So it was impossible for now port midi from game using other engine to make music than M4A <Like Pokemon Have>.

TO ALL
Check screenshoots so far in first post.
Aezarce(imported)

Gotcha, I guess going the long route and composing your own original compositions would be the only way to go. Story is good also, granted it's on the pokemon ruby engine, is the story going to be after telefang 2/diablos or between telefang 1 and 2?

I only give you by this Rombase easy tool to make your own story in Denjuu World. But when I end i try do using this rombase an Telefang 1 remake. But for now I try to make for you an easy rombase for make in little Pokemon Style <By pokemon Game editors> Own Telefang game. even with slots for fanmade Denjuu.
Aezarce(imported)

Understandable, all in all still looking good.