How did YOU find out about Telefang?

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Jade(imported)

Re: How did YOU find out about Telefang?

Post by Jade(imported) »

Pokemon Diamond fake rom was out on the next

Found out more info.

Did walktru for this back then in 2001/02.

Good times.

Man, I was only 13 back then... rofl.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Aha, so you're the one who made that walkthrough !
Welcome to Tulunk, then! Here, have some curry.
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

Sanky wrote: Aha, so you're the one who made that walkthrough !
Welcome to Tulunk, then! Here, have some curry.
yep, as well as ripped telefang 2 maps... The first few of it before I got lazy... Yep, I did beat both games... A long time ago.
sponge_floyd(imported)

Post by sponge_floyd(imported) »

I though it was a real pokemon game, but like an underground now yet discrovered by the public version. Later on i found out that it was a hacked made up game (or so i though) then this week I discovered it's real name and such, and that is a was a real game and that the company that made it went out of business in 2003 and that I fail. . . oh I also realized that my "pokemon diamond" is a bootleg version filled with engrish. . . i R sad face. :crypto:
She's a Witch!(imported)

Post by She's a Witch!(imported) »

Well, I guess I should post here, as I just now remembered how I got into Telefang. It all started a while back when I took a look inside an issue of Gamepro, and in it was something like, "Worst games of all time" or something like that, and Pokemon Diamond and Jade were in there. When I read up on them, how they weren't really Pokemon, I put it off for a few years. One day, I was just going through memories, and I remembered that, and so I googled it. You should know what happened from there.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Has anyone noticed Krypto's above post wasn't edited?
I just did.
Shadow420(imported)

Post by Shadow420(imported) »

I read about the bootleg on TRS Rockin, and got the rom of Pokemon Diamond. I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the Engrish.

About two years later(as in now), I found this site, and it grabbed my attention. Now I'm into it again, of course.

Lots of bootlegs I've just heard of now. Sheesh, you'd think they'd stop at one...
Blizzardoom(imported)

Post by Blizzardoom(imported) »

Well, it's how it started in the first place:

I found the popular VBA emulator off of some weird website, and I had That bitorrent program, And I was looking for some games. I found a pack that included a bunch of roms and a "pokemon diamond" I had never heard of this diamond game before, so I played it, and the snake thing on the beginning was pretty cool (sadly it was non-existent in the actual game. D: But then again, it was a bootleg, after all.) But when I actually started, it had this weird, almost alien engrish (and let's not forget the swearing.) It also had absolutely none of the pokemon that I had known about, and despite some of them were really cool. (oshe, anyone?) It was just TO glitched up to be playable. (It wouldn't even save on the emulator itself!) so I said, "forget it", and went about my business...

...for 4 years.

...and now, after all this, I find out that it was a bootleg. x_x
thegeoffzone(imported)

Post by thegeoffzone(imported) »

Lets see...

Back when I was 5 or 6, I was trolling ebay, and came accross pokemon diamond, and pokemon jade. Instanty I begged my grandmother to buy them for me, thinking they were new pokemon games just released. When I got them, I was dissapointed that diamond didn't save but at least jade did. I remember drawing denjuu in 1st grade, mainly keshi, I soon found they were fake and stopped playing. A few years later i found my copy of diamond, and gave it a battery replacement, and to my suprise, it saved! ( :o ) I played up to virginia before it stoped saving again. I was a fan, and I found this site, and am now playing through telefang speed.