...Other Smilesoft games?

Discuss Smilesoft/Rocket Company in general here.
Zephyr(imported)

Re: ...Other Smilesoft games?

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

That's the name of this section, but I was just wondering: are there any other Smilesoft games, besides Dyna Device and Telefang? When I look up Smilesoft, those are the only two games I see.

That being said, is this section really important, then? o_O
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

There's at least one other monster series they did. It was called Bugsite and came in "Alpha" and "Beta" (like Power and Speed) versions.
Small pic of cover
Like Telefang, it came with a device that attached to your Gameboy, though I don't know what it did, and it was called a "Bug Sensor". I think it also came with some secret phone numbers to use in Telefang, so that's cool. XD

Seeing as we just bought Dyna Device and might someday pick up Bugsite too, I'm glad this section is here. XD I plan to post more when it arrives.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wait... it gave you secret numbers to use in Telefang? Really weird...

Also, here are some more games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilesoft
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote: Wait... it gave you secret numbers to use in Telefang? Really weird...
Well, Telefang was obviously their crown jewel (and rightfully so), so it would make sense for them to encourage Telefans to buy their other games. :P

What platform was Bugsite on, do you know? I really can't find much about it on Google...
EDIT: Ooh, found a ROM (it's for the GBC.) If this works, I'll have some screenshots ready. :D Pity I can't read Japanese though. xD;
ignaciokidscool(imported)

Post by ignaciokidscool(imported) »

Smilesoft have a lot of games

but the most popular is telefang

andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

ignaciokidscool wrote: Smilesoft have a lot of games

but the most popular is telefang
Telefang (GBC), Telefang 2 (GBA), Bugsite (GBC), Dino Device (GBA) and Digital Ehon Vol 1 to 5 (PS1)

Though it is damn near impossible to find information on Digital Ehon. Does it have a Rocket Company site?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Well...
http://www.rocketcompany.co.jp/ehon/

"Digital Ehon" means digital picture book. Looks like narrated japanese myths with cute pictures and minigames. Your kids will have fun while learning to read!! (Or something.)

There's 5 stories, all based on classic japanese fairy tales. In order, there's Momotarou, Kaguya-Hime, Sarukani, Hanasaka Jiisan, and Urashima Tarou. As for the actual games, I can't imagine there'd be any reason to play them unless you're actually 5 years old. *shrug*
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Have rocket company done any monster collecting RPGs since they took over smilesoft?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I heard that they did a sequel to their Dyno Device series, but according to RacieB, it was inferior to the original. Typical when a franchise gets handed over to new people...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: I heard that they did a sequel to their Dyno Device series, but according to RacieB, it was inferior to the original. Typical when a franchise gets handed over to new people...
Yeah I heard about that, but one of the rocket company sites looks like it is for a monster collecting RPG but I wasn't sure.

Here is the site anyway:
http://www.rocketcompany.co.jp/devichil/