Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
shay-shay

Re: Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Post by shay-shay »

Can you try to make a video of the game too? I'm really curious about "replacing all the denjuus with regular pokemon."
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

Well, the manual looks quite interesting... Can't be that they took time to replace Denjuus with Pokemons.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

This is spectacular, they totally just replaced all the Denjuu in the manual with Pokémon... except the ones in screenshots durf :3 Any chance of dumping it so there can be a patch made? I'm really impressed with the title screen, I want to see how they did that.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Ok, so I got around to testing it last night, but unfortunately the cartridge wouldn't start up at all. I think it might be dead, and it's entirely possible the Taiwanese seller I got it from didn't check to see if it was working at all before putting it up for sale. It is an old game after all.

I'm not going to give up on it yet though. It's possible that it may not like my GBA SP, so i'm going to buy a cheap gameboy color and see if it'll work on that instead. It's possible it may only work on an original gameboy color rather than an SP ( it's worth a try). If that doesn't work, then i'm not going to be able to check the game. Sorry to disappoint everyone, I was really looking forward to checking this out too :(
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

It's all good. ^

It is an old game after all.
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

Lol, Hitokage/Charmander is a Sky-type now? XD

I love how they actually bothered to edit in the proper Japanese names for the Pokémon in the game, although they didn't bother changing them in the manual (even when they did such a good job photoshopping in the Pokémon!). And that image of Shigeki getting a bead of sweat about the gigantic Guardie standing next to him. That's priceless. XD
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I think they might have replaced Kochia with Charmander, so that would explain the Sky typing.

I love the Growlithe pic too, I think it's my favourite part of the manual xD

EDIT: Also, thanks to whoever changed the title of the thread ^^
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, thinking about it it kind of makes sense, I mean Charizard can fly >_> I figured Mountain to be the "firey" type though, if any.

Or, well... I guess they could be assigned based on.. habitats.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I don't think the bootleggers were aware of the habitats or anything when they replaced the sprites. I think it was just done randomly. Of course, it makes sense that they made Pikachu the starter and replaced Fungus with him xD It's also interesting that they were aware of all the denjuu names and sprites and managed to replace everything related to them. They must have had some kind of knowledge of Japanese to have done that.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The way the rom is set up, changing Denjuu names/sprites is basically the easiest thing you can do. The sprites aren't compressed at all and you can find them in any tile viewer pretty quickly.