Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Re: Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

This is hilarious! XD
Just imagine if you actually had to mod evolve the Pokémon...

Eevee + showerhead = Showers
Eevee + electrical plug = Thunders
Eevee + rocket booster = Booster
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I'm not even sure if there's a ROM of the game anywhere that we could check. I wonder which denjuu would become eeveelutions?
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

there IS a rom somewhere,but unfortunately I searched for it at work and don't remember where it was
as I remember,it's a mobile download [rom+emulator],like that weird game
search in chinese
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

If you manage to find it again please let us know (although you won't be able to post the link here because it's against the forum rules to post links to ROMs) ^^

I tried but can't(((I forgot what search words I used(((
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

SogonNaTakumi wrote:This is hilarious! XD
Just imagine if you actually had to mod evolve the Pokémon...

Eevee + showerhead = Showers
Eevee + electrical plug = Thunders
Eevee + rocket booster = Booster
Rotom?

Also, what's with these bootleggers obsession with selling Telefang games as Pokemon games? It's quite creepy imo.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

MefistaCenobica wrote:I tried but can't(((I forgot what search words I used(((
That's ok, i'm sure we'll be able to find a ROM of the game eventually ^^

Also, kmeisthax, I think the reason the bootleggers are so fond of Telefang is because the series has monsters in and shares some similar RPG elements, so it makes it easier to pass off as a Pokemon game.

Bootleggers always do stuff like this.Once I saw tshirt with thinly disguised pokemons [mew with the whiskers,lol] under a digimon logo.There were real digimons on the picture,too,but still.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Although I can't tell from the blurry screenshots on the back of the box, I wonder if the game plays in Chinese or English? It would be interesting if it was like the English bootleg but just with an edited title screen and Pokemon inserted into it. Unless there's a rom or actual copy in hand to play, I guess we might never know.

I just had a thought that maybe I could try and contact the person who runs the Fuji.drillspirits website and ask about it. Maybe they would be able to tell us more about it if they have a copy of the game? I'm only assuming the copy is theirs though, as it may just be a photo from an auction, but it's worth a try anyway.

Also, i'm trying to make out which Pokemon it is in the edited title screen along with Pikachu. It looks like Arcanine from the orange and the white I can make out, but I can't tell clearly to say for sure.

EDIT: Please disregard my previous idea. I reread the website the images were hosted on and it turns out the owner of the site doesn't have the actual game, it was just an image he found on an auction site. Looks like the search for information continues!

EDIT2: I posted a topic asking for more information on the Bootleg Games wiki forum: http://s4.zetaboards.com/PGC_Forums/topic/9343690/1/
and the person who had posted the information about this bootleg on the Telefang wiki article on their site responded, but they don't have the game anymore and weren't able to describe much about it except for the same things mentioned in their description on the wiki.
According to them, the game is in Japanese though. It seems like it may have been edited straight from the Japanese Speed version since the text is kept in Japanese, but it's unclear whether any of the dialog from the original game has been changed, unless there's a copy we can examine ourselves. The game is very rare and there's not much information about it around, even on Chinese sites from what i've searched using Google.

EDIT3: I found a new image of the game on a forum recently. One of the users was selling it but unfortunately the topic was from 2011 and they had already sold the game. The picture does have an interesting new shot of the manual however, and Crypto has been removed from a piece of official artwork and replaced with Growlithe's art from the anime: http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32005

EDIT4: Good news! I just found a copy of this game not long after editing my post O_O Expect more info once it arrives! It'll be here sometime in March, i'm guessing.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Well, my copy of the game came today and I scanned in the manuals/box etc.: http://postimage.org/gallery/16m7dwo2/83be8475/

I haven't had time to test the game today, but when I do, i'll do an update.