Converting to ZetaBoards?

Forum announcements will go in here.
Blaziken257

Re: Converting to ZetaBoards?

Post by Blaziken257 »

Sanky wrote:I belive that old posts will stay as they are. It's just moving the sql database, right?
I'm not sure. But maybe I can find out. I'd hate to see glitches result from this. (And it would be convenient if they didn't lower the limit to 50,000 characters... what were they thinking?!)
Sanky wrote:Yeah, I hope we won't have that ugly and annoying "welcome text" for users that aren't logged in though...
And I posted a little, to see how different it is from invisionfree... And I have to say, not much. XD
That "welcome text" won't be here. That was a recent thing that Crash added on that board; he simply chose to put that there. So that's not an issue.

And I didn't notice you posted there until now. :)
Sanky wrote:EDIT: http://if.invisionfree.com/topic/5030621/1/#post8086724
wrote:Conversions of calendar events and uploaded files have been corrected.
Yaaay!
Sweet, that got fixed!

By the way, I also remembered another benefit: Pre-made avatars! That means we can have every Denjuu, bug, and dino here! And other sprites like NPCs...

And I found the comprehensive lists as well:

Member feature list | Admin feature list

Also, this post is also worth reading.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I think we should make the change. We can always switch back if we don't like it.

Upon seeing "View a single post page", "topic/post search", "enhanced avatar gallery" and "list of all posts made by a member", I am more than willing to say goodbye to InvisionFree. Unless there are any issues with ZetaBoards that I am not aware of?

Does ZetaBoards offer an option to delete your own posts?

Will there be a redirect from http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village/ or is it on the same url?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote: I think we should make the change. We can always switch back if we don't like it.
Actually, the change is permanent...
wrote:Does ZetaBoards offer an option to delete your own posts?
I guess that's going to be one of the "javascript addon support" options!
wrote:Will there be a redirect from http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village/ or is it on the same url?
There will be a redirect.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yes, it's true that it's one-way, and that there will be a redirect. As for the ability to delete your own posts, I have no idea whether that ability exists. However, it's problematic, because if someone replies to a post you make, then you delete your post, it looks like that person is replying to the post above yours. Unless it's like how GameFAQs does it where it says [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster] as opposed to completely deleting it. But I doubt most message boards do that.

EDIT: I made a topic on the ZetaBoards website about the character limit issue. According to the replies, they convert without any problems; however, if you try to edit a post above 50,000 characters, you'll get an error message because it will be too long.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Blaziken257 wrote: EDIT: I made a topic on the ZetaBoards website about the character limit issue. According to the replies, they convert without any problems; however, if you try to edit a post above 50,000 characters, you'll get an error message because it will be too long.
I see. That will make the translation topic unusable...

Also, I hope that the online list sorted by last click won't disappear... I can't find it on the RX community.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: Unless it's like how GameFAQs does it where it says [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster] as opposed to completely deleting it. But I doubt most message boards do that.
Almost all message boards do that from what I've seen.

Can someone reset the poll by any chance?
Sanky wrote:I see. That will make the translation topic unusable...
It is unusable as is with the current character limit.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

- The sort by last click thing is still on ZetaBoards. The drop-down form just refers to it as "Time" instead of "Last Click." But it means the same thing. (Besides, it does that by default anyway!)

- I can reset the poll (by deleting it and adding a new one). Let's see how it works this time.

- And yes, it's already unusable to begin with, and it will probably need a new topic anyway. So lowering it to 50,000 characters won't hurt that thread.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yep, alright. XD *votes yay*
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

So I see that, so far, the idea of converting this board to ZetaBoards has a more positive reaction now. If enough people like the idea, then it's going to be converted (though conversions only occur every 2-3 months or so, not instantly, so either way, it won't happen right away). Only one person so far prefers to keep it an InvisionFree board. To whoever feels this way, why do you want to keep it the way it is?
BrydoRX(imported)

Post by BrydoRX(imported) »

It'd be nice if the forum did get converted to ZetaBoards. After all, ZetaBoards is better anyway and most new forums use it nowadays.