Re: TELEFANG.NET

Forum announcements will go in here.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

DaVince and I recently launched Telefang.net which is a community hub linking Tulunk Village, Wikifang, #telefang IRC, the Telefang 1 manga translation project, and more xD

We even have our interview with Saiko Takaki there, check it all out!! :crypto:
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Great work all around \o/
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

It should hopefully make the community and its related sites easier to find on the web. More links will be added over time, of course.

It's proving to be pretty useful for me already. I have the tab open all the time now to quickly access the wiki and forums. :)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I keep mousing over stuff in it...
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

It's been edited a bit to be more phone-friendly. Thanks for the contribution, TimeWalker! :D
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

I request that the store have more than one shirt for sale if possible. My suggestions include shirts with RacieB's power/speed wallpapers, shirts with the power/speed box art (T1 and T2), and a shirt with the main characters and their Denjuu (not just the protagonist and/or one or two Denjuu) posing above the Telefang logo. Also, this).

For non-shirt related merchandise, you could compile all of RacieB's Telefang trading cards, make a rulebook, box, etc. and sell them as though it's a legitimate TCG. I don't know how difficult it would be to do this, though; it is only a suggestion, after all.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I do intend on adding more shirts, I've just been swamped and had no time to actually do the art for them (also stickers and phone cases!) As for the TCG, I'd planned on releasing them all for free in their print sizes, but I lost the harddrive those files were on ages ago and I'd have to redo all of them u_u
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

You actually have to be a bit careful with this merch as whoever owns the rights to Telefang right now could sue. Make sure it's appropriately different and not actually directly referencing Telefang - fangamer.net manages to do it that way.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, the arrangement Redbubble has apparently allows fanart (unlike, say, Zazzle) but items will be taken down by request. Try searching Pokémon for example and you'll see no end of stuff on there, though I think things like Marvel items get pulled.

I've sold a grand total of one shirt (hey I still wanna know how it turned out!) and the series is long dormant, I think I'll be okay lol
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

RacieB wrote:As for the TCG, I'd planned on releasing them all for free in their print sizes, but I lost the harddrive those files were on ages ago and I'd have to redo all of them u_u
Well, what I meant was you'd print out the cards on whatever material trading cards are made of and sell the physical cards in a box with an instruction book, etc. Surely you'd be able to print out the smaller-sized cards that are on your Deviant Art page and keep them about the same size as an average trading card without them looking too blurry, right?

As for the shirts, I would prefer if there was one like the group-shot I described in my last post, or just one that relates specifically to the games and not necessarily the fan-community (no offense to the community xD ). If what you say about Redbubble is true, being able to sell one of those shirts should only be as difficult as it is to actually design and make the shirt.