Re: TELEFANG.NET

Forum announcements will go in here.
Jdbye(imported)

Post by Jdbye(imported) »

RedBubble has pretty good shirt print quality, I can vouch for that having bought many shirts there in the past. Only the all-black print I got was of poor quality.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I'm mainly curious about the logo print in particular because I didn't make that one in a cmyk-safe palette as I did with the others later on. The starter stickers I got do look fine colorwise, but the print is a bit grainy and that was sorta disappointing considering the images were 2400x3200! I expected them to look ultra smooth since that puts them at something like 800 dpi at sticker print size.

I'm definitely impressed with the stick quality though, they're matte vinyl and you can easily peel and reposition them without leaving any glue trace whatsoever. Crypto did have some sort of tiny fragment *under* the sticker however, which I was unable to remove, and it looks like a grain of sand or something is stuck under his ear :s
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Oh man, I just noticed that Inspiration Has Struck is now a real T-Shirt! I'll have to put that on my Christmas list (now if only there was a Telefang group-photo shirt like I described earlier...).

By the way, did anyone guess what inspired that shirt's palette? I'd like to know since I enjoy playing old, obscure video games.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Oh hey I finally got around to checking on the forums some more... :x The palette is taken from the 16 color MS-DOS one, while the graphics themselves were mostly inspired by Hugo's Jungle of Doom (probably not the obvious pick but it had amazing backgrounds.)

I just dropped my phoenix design and a lot of spiders in the shop recently but I do plan on adding more Telefang! Next up will probably be Crypto and Fungus designs based on the intro graphics. Also planned are Secret Denjuu designs :P
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Crypto Trees, just added to Redbubble! Inspired by the intro to T1, you know which scene =) A Fungus version will be coming along eventually too ~

Looks especially good on pouches, mugs, and journals, imo!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Excellent! I like them a lot. :)
wrote:The palette is taken from the 16 color MS-DOS one, while the graphics themselves were mostly inspired by Hugo's Jungle of Doom (probably not the obvious pick but it had amazing backgrounds.)
Huh. I never expected anyone else to reference or even know about one of the old DOS Hugo games here. :P
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

DaVince wrote:Huh. I never expected anyone else to reference or even know about one of the old DOS Hugo games here. :P
Considering shareware disks were a dollar at Computer City, I played a lot of them back in the day =)

dat art
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Bought Crypto Trees as a T-Shirt. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Just noticed the coat of arms shirt. So clever! I especially like "potentia et celeritas."