Denjuu Editors and Savegames

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
fusianasan(imported)

Re: Denjuu Editors and Savegames

Post by fusianasan(imported) »

I began experimenting with some of the editing tools in this section, and I was wondering; will savegames continue to work with an edited ROM?
swampert22(imported)

Post by swampert22(imported) »

Yep, your save game will work perfectly fine! As the data edited is in the ROM not the RAM, the game just carries on as normal with the changes you apply. :D
fusianasan(imported)

swampert22 wrote: Yep, your save game will work perfectly fine! As the data edited is in the ROM not the RAM, the game just carries on as normal with the changes you apply. :D
Ah, alright. Thank you.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Just as long as you don't hack something that crashes the game, it will be fine. (And even then, that doesn't always happen... a few times when I played with Corrupt, I lost save files... but thankfully I backed them up with savestates anyway so it didn't affect me at all!)
fusianasan(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: Just as long as you don't hack something that crashes the game, it will be fine. (And even then, that doesn't always happen... a few times when I played with Corrupt, I lost save files... but thankfully I backed them up with savestates anyway so it didn't affect me at all!)
Are there any examples of things that crash the game? I usually just stick to editing Denjuu.
swampert22(imported)

If you're just editing Denjuu, you are very unlikely to encounter any problems. If you delve into editing warps and such, you may find yourself somewhere you cannot get out of!

Just remember to back up your saves like Blaziken257 said and you'll be fine!
zzc

Post by zzc »

How to hack a saved game, I wanna change the personality of some of the denjuu.
swampert22(imported)

There has been much talk of this recently, but it seems everytime something in the save is changed, the entire save gets corrupted. Until we know how to get round this problem, editing saves is impossible :(
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Yes. Most save data is stored twice and then a checksum is calculated and stored (well at least that seems to be the case). It means that the game can, without fail, tell if the save data is corrupted. Also if the save data that is stored twice is stored twice in ram as well, then that would explain why gs codes produce corrupted save data after saving. They probably need sister codes for the duplicate information in ram. Though the checksum and ram info are just theories, I have seen the duplicate info and have confirmed that it isn't the only security measure used by Telefang's save data.