Partial phone text dump.

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
IIMarckus(imported)

Re: Partial phone text dump.

Post by IIMarckus(imported) »

$45 is loaded into the accumulator at A9A80, C90A9, C9228, CD3A9, 12D595, 14C3DA, 151DB5, 151DDE, 153C74, 153C8C. Process of elimination. Try changing the $45 at those locations to something else and see if any of them cause changes. I don’t have time to work on Telefang at the moment, but I’ll see if I can get some work done this weekend.

Bankswitching code is located at offsets 0x10, 0x18, and 0x20 (called by the appropriate RST $XX command), and should be fairly easy to comprehend.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

IIMarckus wrote:$45 is loaded into the accumulator at A9A80, C90A9, C9228, CD3A9, 12D595, 14C3DA, 151DB5, 151DDE, 153C74, 153C8C. Process of elimination. Try changing the $45 at those locations to something else and see if any of them cause changes. I don’t have time to work on Telefang at the moment, but I’ll see if I can get some work done this weekend.
I'll try that. Thanks.

It's strange though, I thought there would be more.
IIMarckus wrote:Bankswitching code is located at offsets 0x10, 0x18, and 0x20 (called by the appropriate RST $XX command), and should be fairly easy to comprehend.
Yeah, I know all about that one already. "rst $10" performs a bankswitch using the value that is currently in "a" and "rst $18" returns from a bankswitch. And yes, I know where the bankswitching code is located. I did some research on rst a while back.

EDIT: It doesn't work. I could test this without the use of save states, but that would take hours. *gives up*
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I tried all these locations (both the addresses that IIMarckus specified, and the instances of 45 right next to it), and nothing worked. I changed all the bytes to random numbers to see if there was an effect, but I couldn't find any. Of course, I don't know how assembly code works, so I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing...

Also, to facilitate this, when you get a phone call, make a save state so you don't have to wait around 5 minutes every time someone calls you. While the Denjuu is determined when the phone starts ringing, the text is determined when you answer by pressing A.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: Also, to facilitate this, when you get a phone call, make a save state so you don't have to wait around 5 minutes every time someone calls you. While the Denjuu is determined when the phone starts ringing, the text is determined when you answer by pressing A.
I know. That's how I tested it.