Composer?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Composer?

Post by andwhyisit »

Krypto~ wrote: How do you do that? I don't really know much about settings for characters on the computer.
Not your computer, just set it under View>Character Encoding (or just View>Encoding) on your browser.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Though, I know IE6 can't post japanese here, no matter what you set your encoding to... *shrug*

Anyway, she's answered interviews in english, has a myspace page in english, and lists learning english as one of her hobbies...XD I think you'd be fine not including japanese. *nod*
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

It probably wouldn't hurt at all to include Japanese, though, as long as it shows up properly. After all, some of her pages are either in Japanese, or has an iffy translation. The navigation bar on the right, for example, doesn't use plurals. And if you click on "About," you see "About site!" on top. And the list of games looks like it was run through a machine translator (it lists Keitai Denjuu Telefang as Keitai Denjyu TEREFANGU), for instance. (Speaking of which, why isn't that game even listed on her Japanese page?) The only problem is writing in proper grammar...

And as for Castlevania, when Kimbles mentioned that she composed the music for that game, I thought that it had to be good. So I got curious and played it just to hear what the music was like. Well, it doesn't remind me of Telefang that much, but it is really catchy. If I was able to get past the 4th level, I'd probably have gotten farther and may have heard more music... Oh well. I wonder if the any of the music from the Famicom Disk System version sounds any different (I wouldn't be surprised, as the FDS has an extra sound chip, and it's common for sound to be different between FDS and NES releases of games, like Zelda II's title screen music or Metroid's item collection music).
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yamashita replied!!
Yamako wrote:Thank you for comment.
I'm glad and happy.
I like all musics and games that I composed.
I want to compose the music that it will be loved by everyone in the future.
Thank you so much!
Kinda a generic response. Too bad we didn't get to know anything about the development of Telefang, but I still like it! Awesome.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, it's something at least. You can tell she isn't as fluent in English as a native speaker, so maybe she only said things that she was comfortable with. It's nice that she replied to you, though.

EDIT: I would like to mention that I was fooling around on YouTube and I stumbled upon this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KinuyoYamashita

I think this channel really belongs to Kinuyo Yamashita, and not some wannabe poser (as is often the case on YouTube). The channel description, her "Engrish" writing style, the link to her MySpace, and especially her videos (one of which actually shows her face in seemingly the same room as her photo on Wikipedia) seems to suggest this. I think this is an interesting discovery. Maybe some of us should post comments in her channel and/or videos!