Dll problems

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
telefangfan(imported)

Re: Dll problems

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

Hi,i wanna translate telefang 1 power in italian.I have 2 questions to do:
1-Where must i place the missing dlls MSSTDFMT for telefangedit and COMCTL32.OCX for cryptonica if downloading the missing files in the web?
2-i need to translate in italian this rom,what other tools i need specifically?

Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Hey. First of all, TelefangEdit nor Cryptonica won't really help you if you want to translate the whole game. To change text in this game, you'll first need to get an hex editor.
My favourite is WindHex, though it doesn't really matter. Then, you need to get the character table. You'll probably want to translate it from the current English version, so you just need the patch one. I don't have it here right now, sorry.
Then, you need to learn to change pointers. Without that, you'll both be limited and waste lots of space. Blaziken257 is good at pointer editing, and there is a tutorial on DataCrystal.
Then you'll need a graphics editor like TileMolester to change text-in-graphics and add Italian characters (I believe Italian uses diacritics, correct me if I'm wrong though).
I think that's all. Tell me if I forgot something.
telefangfan(imported)

I want translate by japanese to not copy this translation.Anyway,is there a complete patch?i was thinking to cryptonica because it's able to change the arrived phrase and the other phrase of the monster
EDIT:italian doesn't use diactritics,it's not like Greek language xD
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh, so you know Japanese! That's great.
Still, I believe everyone would let you use the current (incomplete) English patch as the base. Some of the hacks done in it (like the variable-width hack or full Shigeki name) would be very useful and hard to reproduce.
Sorry about the diacritics ^^;
telefangfan(imported)

no problem^^
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

The fixed width font still has issues on some screens, which has never been gotten around to being fixed, unfortunately...
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

It's still good enough, I say.