Rex keychain/figure?

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Rex keychain/figure?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Does anyone know about the Rex keychain/figure that supposedly came with the first release of Telefang 2? I'd read here on the forum that it was a promotional item for the first release of the game but I've looked around the net for info and not found anything on it. I'm kind of wondering whether it would turn up on somewhere like Yahoo! Japan auctions, but maybe not since i'm guessing it's pretty rare.

I'd love to know more about this if anyone has any info! Thanks!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It's from this page of the official site, though it no longer links to the main one (since it was a limited promo thing.) It's mentioned in the last two sections, and was apparently limited to certain stores. Actually.. reading it again seems to say that there was a T2 (logo?) keychain strap at most stores, and only a specific place gave you the Rex one.

Also worth noting is that they apparently gave out the whole T2 manga in a separate BonBon volume? I never noticed that before =O
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

So there were Telefang logo keychains and a manga serialization? I'd never known that. Thankyou for posting the webpage, i've been to the Telefang 2 website before but i'd never seen that link. Since it's a limited promo, that explains why x3

It's interesting they released the manga in a seperate volume, I thought they'd only published the Telefang 2 manga in Comic BonBon. Any info on it seems to be as elusive as the Rex keychain though...

The shop that ran the promotion for the Rex keychain is called Itoyokado, according to the webpage, although there's nothing on their website about it. This promotion must have been really limited if there's not much info about it... or that may be due to the fact that Telefang is a little more obscure in terms of games..maybe?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

RacieB wrote:Also worth noting is that they apparently gave out the whole T2 manga in a separate BonBon volume? I never noticed that before =O
I don't think they did... Seems like it was just a special issue thing with the secret denjuu numbers and other stuff, probably only a few pages long. *nod* They did similar promo stuff with the Medarot games, but it's all impossible to find now... :/
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, also it was nine years ago that the games came out.. :(
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

I don't like the fact that we can't find Telefang's gadgets on the web =( It's very sad!
I only saw the three figures of the first game on photo >.<
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah I own them but they were very very VERY hard to find. I doubt I'll ever get the Gymnos to complete the collection T_T
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I wonder if the Rex keychain is a figure of Rex or a flat plastic keychain using his official art? I'm guessing the Telefang logo keychain might be a flat plastic one?

EDIT: Also, you have your Gymnos figure now. Yay! I hope Gymnos is enjoying some good curry with his new friends :3
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

KenjutheDenjuu have posted this image here -> Topic :3
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Hey, it's my picture ^^ Thankyou for posting it, but it might need to be resized since it's quite big.

I found the advert in my May 2002 issue of Comic Bom Bom by chance. The Rex keychain looks like it is either a plastic one or a metal one, while the T2 logo one is a metal tag keychain. It mentions Itoyokado, the store that ran the promotion. I also have a pic of the promotional issue of Comic Bom Bom they supposedly gave out as well, which was in one of the Telefang ads. I'm glad there's finally some info on them, but I didn't expect it to turn up in Comic Bom Bom of all places, least of all the copy I had. It's like a happy coincidence! x3

EDIT: I just noticed today that the advert mentions the other stores the promotion was held at. These are Itoyokado, Jusco, Daiei, Toys R Us, Uny Apita and a toy store called Hello Mac (?), which is owned by a company called Chiyoda co.