Re: Telefang 1 english logo

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:Image

Hmm, how's this look for a compromise on the G? I just messed with it in paint so I don't know how well it would fit... :V
This might be better:
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Looks pretty good, I kind of prefer the G with a square edge though...XD I guess I'd have to see how it looks with the rest of the title screen there.

Also, I tried messing around with the N earlier and got this (which obviously would need some fixing up):
I think it looks better in uppercase like the rest, but I couldn't find a way to keep the hangy-down part on it without it looking weird... :/ Thoughts?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I figured the G should line up with the rest of the letters. I also fixed the N.
telefangfan(imported)

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:Take a look at the original telefang logo. Every tile that houses part of the logo can be changed, whilest every tile that does not, can-not. The bottom row is full of holes.

This is just the main part of the logo, excluding the power version text, "Keitai Denjuu" text and phone signal.
Red = Sprite
Blue = Tile
Yellow = Repeated tile
Green = Either cannot edit (repeated black tile) or not of the main part of the logo

All tiles use palette of white, yellow, orange, and black.
All sprites use palette of yellow, orange, and black in addition to a colour assigned to be transparent.

However as I said, should I find a way to rearrange where the tiles go I cannot add more tiles and the final result will either look ugly and stretched, or the letters will be all over the place in regards to letter height, width, placement, spacing or any combination of the four.

Here's my attempt at the "Keitai Denjuu" text in any case:
What about this then:

Now just about everything is the same height. Although it doesn't look as much like the original logo now.
Minor Revision:

Is this fine or am I going down the wrong track here?
Did you used/made a specific font for the "mobile phone beast" thing? I'd need a font for that thing,i wanna translate this in italian when it's completed
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

telefangfan wrote:Did you used/made a specific font for the "mobile phone beast" thing? I'd need a font for that thing,i wanna translate this in italian when it's completed
No. I pretty much winged it.
telefangfan(imported)

Then i'll search for a bi-color font or just makeing the "keitai denjuu" with 2 different colours
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

telefangfan wrote:Then i'll search for a bi-color font or just makeing the "keitai denjuu" with 2 different colours
We don't use fonts, we just draw the letters. Just open up mspaint and start drawing letters if you need some practice.
telefangfan(imported)

andwhyisit,it is similar to some pixel fonts you can also search,and i know you re-made them from 0.You told me this for 2 times XD