Donating Telefang to Classic Game Room for review!

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Donating Telefang to Classic Game Room for review!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I'm going to be donating some more games to Classic Game Room after finding a few obscure GBC and GBA games that will be worth reviewing. I'm pleased to say I found a copy of Dino Device Red that I will be sending for CGR to review, so be sure to expect that in the future sometime. I'm also sending Granbo as well, seeing as it needs more publicity here in the west. It is made by Capcom after all.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1HNYN ... ature=plcp

A new review for the Gameboy Advance console that has just appeared on the channel shows Mark playing Telefang 2 and also shows the Power Antenna and Telefang 2 Speed version box at 4:05 - 4:16. He's leveled up Rex all the way up to his final evolution (!!!), which shows he's enjoying himself. I was hoping he would, yay for Telefang ^^ Hopefully this spells a good review for Telefang 2 in the future.

Unfortunately the Japanese guide I sent about the games is in a box that has apparently not arrived to them yet, which i'm a little concerened about since it was sent by a slower shipping, but hopefully it should appear sometime (fingers crossed it isn't lost in the post!). A couple of my other donations can also be seen in the video too, in regards to the peripherals the Gameboy Advance could use (Densetsu no Starfy 0:20 - 0:23, Densetsu no Starfy 2 2:07 - 2:15, Legendz 2:37 - 2:39 / 4:00 - 4:04), Pluster World 2:33 - 2:37, and Pluston GP 0:11 - 0:15 / 2:55 - 3:59). Also a whole ton of stuff I sent appears at 2:39, in order they are Sanrio Time Net Past version, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children Shiro no Sho, Telefang 2 Speed version, Kappa no Kaatan Daibouken, Telefang 2 Power version and Sanrio Time Net Past version. Glad that CGR seem to be enjoying everything i've sent so far, can't wait to see more of those reviews ^^
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

No Telefang reviews yet, but here's hoping they'll turn up soon.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Just a little bit of news regarding Telefang. I'm going to be donating some of the Telefang toys to the CGR Toys channel for review. I was only able to get a hold of three of them however (Fungus' figure is elusive at the moment). This should get them more notoriety, since i'm sure most don't know that the series had toys based on the first games. This should be fun!

EDIT: A new review on the channel today confirms that they received everything I sent them. So glad that everything arrived safely!

EDIT2: Managed to get all of the figures for review. When they turned up, Fungus was unexpectedly included for free with the others. Lucky! I'll also be donating the Telefang manga series to CGR Comics as well.

EDIT3: The Telefang figures have been packaged up and sent. They should arrive in a day or two. The channel they'll either appear on will be the main Classic Game Room channel or CGR Toys here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CGRtoys
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

***Pictures are hopefully fixed!***

Although the Telefang related reviews are still a long time coming, I did receive an interesting gift from CGR for all of my other game donations as thanks (click to view larger):

A message from Mark Bussler, head of CGR!

A bumper sticker with some of Marks's doodles (he loved the Legendary Starfy games so he doodled a mini one):

And a Classic Game Room t-shirt (was really glad to receive this, it's very cool):

KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Just a little note to say that all of the Telefang related toys, games and comics are currently with Classic Game Room, although they haven't been reviewed yet. I'm honestly not sure when they will be reviewed as it could be anytime from this year or even the next year. CGR has a lot of games to review besides the ones I sent, so it may take a while.

I'll also post the reviews of Dino Device and Network Adventure Bugsite if they appear. Hope you guys are looking forward to seeing everything!

PS: If you want to see a sneak cameo of the games, check out their review for the Gameboy Advance console as they appear briefly in there. It's the closest we've got to them being reviewed at the moment.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

That is some awesome swag, and lol dang he has cool handwriting xD
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Yeah, they're really nice over at CGR. There were so many Japanese games in the boxes I sent that they've been doing a 'Hamster Thursday' and 'Strange Anime License Friday' on CGRUndertow each week since a few months ago. Mark's currently doing a 'Controller Week' at the moment as well since I sent him a huge box of funky looking PS2 controllers.

The nicest thing is that they're kind to their fans and they always mention you even if you only did a small thing.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Forgot to mention, but I also sent some of the Gameboy/GBC Medarot series for review as well as Bistro Recipe on the GBC. Both are underrated and need more interest, plus Kimbles' liking for both series inspired me to send them. Croc 2 for the GBC with the soundtrack composed by Telefang's composer Kinuyo Yamashita has also been reviewed by CGR already.

Telefang has a bit of connection to Medarot so it may assist the review of Telefang if the games are reviewed before (depending on the Japanese knowledge of the reviewer).
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Ok, so it seems that the Telefang reviews on CGR may be a very long time coming as CGR are very busy and tend to only review one Japanese GBC/GBA game a week. They only have one Japanese translator as far as I know. I do apologise for the wait, but it may now probably be next year or onward when the reviews will hopefully start to appear. Sorry if any of you have been disappointed. Let's keep looking forward to the reviews and being patient however!

Be sure to expect the following reviews from CGR:

Telefang GBC
Telefang 2
Bugsite
Dino Device
Medarot
Bistro Recipe
Telefang Manga series
Telefang Battle Denjuu
Telefang Power Antenna
Telefang guidebooks
And possibly the little Crypto antenna figure that came as a preorder!