Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Those are known issues; names don't display for call or text logs, and the code on the second is just a placeholder for untranslated text.
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

@RacieB - Got you. Thanks !
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

v98:
Normally when you go to choose to not nickname a Denjuu you end up with a full-length default name, but if you choose to nickname and then go with the default you would be stuck with the truncated name. With this patch the game checks that the 6-char truncation of the default matches the submitted nickname, and if so replaces it with the full length default.

So essentially this allows you to change your mind after saying yes to nicknames.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4fy3na4c6qjcwj7

v100 is looming closer. xD

Also I found a bug while I was there:
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

That is awesome !!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

v99:
- Fixed some overly long lines ("What was that all about...?" and "X has challenged you!") that broke the text box.
- Fixed the FD figure jumping over 100 in phone calls.

http://www.mediafire.com/?adqx5drmdxu68ud

Interestingly enough Smilesoft did run an FD check during phone calls, but it was only checking if the new FD count exceeded 255, not 100.

In regards to the long lines wikifang has been updated to reflect the changes.

Also there seems to be a fair number of mismatched pointers in the story-related phone calls dialogue. Like around 70+ bytes difference between the pointer's address and the intended dialogue.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

v100:
This fixes the names not appearing in the call log.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4v5vuiqfg2skz72
Merc

Post by Merc »

100 versions! Now there's a milestone.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Wooo! XD
Thanks for fixing the FD glitch, that caused a lot of trouble on my original game and it'll be nice not having to worry about correct phone answers anymore. XD

Could you give some more detail about the mismatched pointers in the story phone text? I didn't notice anything wrong, but I'm also still using v88 so it's possible it was added recently... (Actually, could you hop on the IRC? Might make things easier.)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

It would seem that the problem was introduced in v97 (absent in v96, present in v97).

As for IRC when is everyone normally on? I always seem to pick the most inactive times to jump onto IRC.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

It's generally dead most of the day, then talk can happen on a spur for, say, a hour. It's best to keep it open in the background, really. There's a reason it's called "idle relay chat" :p

Aaand I guess I broke that. I also messed up the linebreak there but oof linebreak issues are hard to debug. I'll get to it sorry..

Hooray for version 100! Even if our versioning is arbitrary at best, it's still a notable milestone.