Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Frus(imported)

Post by Frus(imported) »

Just curious. Is this project still alive?
I really hope it is. You've all done an amazing job so far!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Maybe not exactly alive, but not forgotten, either!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Everybody who's on the project has alternatingly busy schedules, it gets worked on when the stars align just right lmao
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

I play telefang for first time in over 6 years andman the translation is amazing. Cant wait til its all done
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

A MESSAGE TO WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THE TRANSLATION:

Please do us a favor and post weekly (if not, at least monthly) progress reports on how the translation is going, even if all you can post is "I didn't have any time this week/month to work on it." Doing this will help mitigate the feeling of no progress that lack-of-posting creates, and it may even help to encourage more activity on the forum.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I haven't heard of any activity from Kimbles (the translator) in over two years. The rest of us are just rom hackers who insert the translations into the game, and we are twiddling our thumbs at present.

I'll look into finding any remaining bugs when I get the chance, but until we have an active translator back on this project it is not going to get anywhere in a hurry.

EDIT: I've replaced the Japanese Melo-D buttons with English counterparts.

Download v109 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7df2rn5sca5npw2/tfpatchv109.zip
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

I was going to take over at least some of the translation, actually. Although that's an idea from two months ago already at this point. :P

As for a monthly report, not a bad idea. Here's mine.

June 2016
I don't have the time for it.

Really, I just don't. My agenda is filled with mentally engaging work of different types, so I'm not going to unwind with more brain-engaging stuff in my free time. Sorry.
NEXT MONTH however, I'll be visiting my love in the US for a whole month. As it happens, RacieB happens to be her sister, so in an environment like that it's very likely I'll do some translation at that time. xD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

DaVince wrote:I was going to take over at least some of the translation, actually. Although that's an idea from two months ago already at this point. :P
You are not taking on too much at once now are you? Weren't you doing the T2 translation as well as the manga?

Not that I would object to seeing some life thrown back into this project.

EDIT:
I've been taking a look at link trades and I noticed that the trade screen is still untranslated.

Anyone know what the last two buttons say?

EDIT2:
Aaand v110 is done...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v86ikrt2yx0neyp/tfpatchv110.zip

This fixes that missing slash between page numbers and fixes the page indicator when trading so that it displays something like "Pg. 01/01" instead of "(0D14 01'01".
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Oh! You know, I actually DID make new buttons for that screen at some point, lemme see...

I just had some display issues when trying to implement them, because the tile mapping was slightly off in a couple places, and I never got to fixing that. Don't recall exactly why, I think probably because link stuff was super low priority u_u
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

andwhy: nah, I put T2 on hold especially to work on T1 instead, since there just seems to be more demand for that right now anyway. As for the manga, that's even more casual than that! I'm not doing any of it at all right now though.