Hey there!

New to this forum? Introduce yourself here!
dilbot(imported)

Re: Hey there!

Post by dilbot(imported) »

Hey guys, I'm dilbot! Nice to meet you all!!

Of course, I'm joining because I am familiar with the greatest "fake" pokemon game in existence. But because of this (black) marketing scheme and my naivety as a child, I came to discover this strangely addicting series and be very fortunate enough to own a hard copy of one of the games!

It all goes back to the year when pokemon ruby and sapphire were going to be released. I was a young, healthy pokemon-loving child on vacation in Hong Kong China for three weeks. So one day I was walking through a flea market and something crossed my eye - I saw (what I thought would be) pokemon ruby on a rickety old shelf a week before it was going to be released in North America. Back when you're a child you tend to believe China and Japan to be the countries with the best technologies and the newest gadgets so I never really thought much of it being a fake copy.

So I begged my mom to buy it for me, she asked the vendor if it was in english, and he said yes, and allowed me to play it for a bit to find out myself. So I popped it in my gba. And what I saw, was NOTHING like pokemon, but, as a child I just figured it was gamefreak going in a completely different direction. Not to mention the title screen did say "Pocket Monster Ruby". And it was true, it was in english - mangled and confusing english though....So I shrugged my shoulders and my mom bought it. I eventually bought the real pokemon ruby, back in Canada.

I've had "Pocket Monster ruby" ever since....For like, 5 years now though I've never really thought much of it ever since I got stuck.
I've just recently pulled it back out because of someone on another forum talking about fake pokemon games. Now I know what this awesome series is actually called, and now I'm on a quest to completing "pocket monster ruby" or, as it should be called, telefang 2 power version!

Hopefully there are a few inhabitants still around...

Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

THAT'S THE TELEFANG 2 BOOTLEG

Yay! There's more people who own it!

...um, hi! Welcome to Tulunk Village!

Does your bootleg's title screen look like this?
And the cartridge? Is it different?
If both are the same as yours, cool! If not, even better!
dilbot(imported)

Post by dilbot(imported) »

Yup mine's exactly like that. In perfect working condition!! With that exact coding too! BAE-308 and AGB APRE USA!

Guess the guys who did this never massed produced, guess I'm reaallly lucky to have found it. :)
UltimateDemonDog(imported)

Post by UltimateDemonDog(imported) »

That's pretty awesome. Anyways, welcome aboard! It seems there have been so many fresh new members joining lately, it's getting hard to keep track! :D