Problem with the clock in speed?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
SM-dood(imported)

Re: Problem with the clock in speed?

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

So, I managed to get my copy of telefang speed in the mail yesterday. But regarding the clock, it seems as if it only runs when it is on, the time does not change while it is off. Is there a way I can fix this/ a solution to this?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Hmmm... it's possible that your cartridge's battery is starting to die out. I've heard similar symptoms happening to Pokémon games when their batteries are starting to die out, so you might want to look into that. Although, replacing a battery is a huge pain in the neck...

Another possibility, although less likely, is that your cartridge might be a bootleg. Yes, there exist bootlegs of the original Japanese Speed version; RacieB has one. There are a few ways to tell if it's fake or not; one way to tell is to check if there is a 2-digit number engraved into the cartridge sticker. (You may have to tilt the cartridge to be able to see it easier.) If it's not there, it's fake. I think all real cartridges (no matter the game) have some 2-digit number engraved in it.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I'm guessing it's the battery, since the clock stopped working on my Pokemon Silver a bit before the save file died... But in that case, it just asked for me to set the time every time I turned on the game. :/ It could be that Telefang handles it differently, since it being a bootleg seems a lot less likely to me.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

You can try this.
SM-dood(imported)

Tkallab wrote:You can try this.
I'm not sure if I want to take the risk of damaging the battery though, heh.

But it does have the 2 digits, which happens to be 00, the same on my Kirby's Dreamland cartridge (while Pokemon Blue has a 13 instead).
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I had the same problem with silver,crystal and speed,luckly dad was around to change the battery inside. My diamond is still going strong with its original battery intact ,altough it might die one day. :unsure:
I suggest you replace the old battery inside ,either by following online guides of what you need and have to do or by getting somebody skilled to help. Good luck. :fungus:
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Yeah, sorry, but I believe it's the only way :( Maybe you know someone handy?
SM-dood(imported)

My uncle could probably do it, I just don't know what'd he say if I handed him a GBC cartridge with a bunch of Japanese writing on it. :P

Edit: Unfourtunatley, when I went to play Speed again one day for me, it deleted my file. I was only in the sea after you get Liriope, but still....