Re: T1 Chinese bootleg

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:Kochia is šWЩ/¨­u xi¨¥ (ou1 xie1). Sounds like a more appropriate name for Oshe, really!
Maybe they messed up the list, e.g. that every name is shifted by one.
wrote:When Oshe arrives, he says 'single/‚€'. (It's kinda weird to translate it alone)
Should be "I'm here!". "Arrived" in Diamond.
wrote:In battle, Krypto is called '¼¬/j¨ª (ji2)'. Literally means 'thorns (on plants)'. if I'm not wrong :P
Haha.
wrote:When a denjuu is hurt by an attack, it'll say (literally) '-- points are lost!'.
Bootleg: Some points of -- lost!.
wrote:I tried a battle (I'm not too familiar with the Telefang battle system, to be honest', after Kochia attacked the enemy Oshe, the text said 'the opponent who is considered more stupid, the injury is decreased!' (I know my translation sucks! D: But it means something like that)
Heeeey! Bootleg Diamond: 'for the clever/??? opponent, injure increase/decrease!'. Basicly means 'super effective' or 'not very effective'.
wrote:After winning, it'll say 'Caught the enemy's denjuu!' (it was a wild Oshe).
It says the EXACT SAME thing in Diamond!

I still have no idea how to wikifize this.

EDIT: I hate IE.
EDIT2: When a savestate from this bootleg is put into normal Telefang 1, all your denjuu have normal names. So it seems they even didn't bother translating them. The reason for Crypto ending up hNut is because a wrong charset is loaded. I guess that it's the same cause as him being "jí".
EDIT3: Well that's not entirely true. Crypto seems to be named different, ending up being nicknamed Shihimonohone. In hiragana.
EDIT4: Okay, both hiragana and katakana names are loaded up with the same font in this bootleg, and that is the english D/J one. Starting with AIU=ABC.
EDIT5: Seems like we're still missing one bootleg version, but from what I read, it's the same as what I have here.
Tittle screen: Image (from, erm, trsrockin')
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

The upper text on the title screen is 'Pocket Monsters'. Lower text is 'Diamond Version'.
I feel kinda lazy today.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Okay, I heard this version has Crypto too. So both chinese Diamond and Jade are from Power? Thanks anyways.
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Who knows, maybe there are other Chinese Jades out there. But yeah, these two are from Power.
Kochia's dex desc: Uses teeth to bite through anything. (用牙咬斷任何東西)
Oshe's desc: Curls up its body to reduce injury. (蜷起身體减輕損傷)
And more, but thwy more or less mean the same as the English counterparts. I'll give those that I've found if you want them, though.

The 'P-card' is called an Electric Card (電卡).

Kesi is called '劃/huà' in battle. Literally means 'to split'.
Monstera is called '疼没歴/téng méi lì' in battle. Literally means 'pain not/drown history'. (You know some words have two meanings, 没 can either mean something like 'not', or drown)
Myrtus is called '歡厲/huān lì'. Literally means 'happiness whetstone'.

The bespectacled badguy at the start of the game talks about making life better for Denjuu (or something) and curry. As usual.

When a T-Fanger enters battle with you, it'll say '-- starts to compete!'.
Apparently the cat guy's name is '歩藻/bù zǎo'. Literally means 'step algae'.

Double check and yes, a T-Fanger is referred to as a 'T霉菌/T méi jùn'. Literally 'T mold/mildew germ'. So that's probably where 'T mildew' came from.
As for why the Chinese translation is like that, it *could* be that 'Fanger' sounds very similar to 'Fungus' in Japanese. (just a guess)

Netaro is referred to as '内塔/nèi tǎ'.
Nejiro is referred to as '内吉/nèi jí'.
However in battle, it's a completely different name. I'll take note of it next time, bah.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I looked into the ROM a bit and yes, the Denjuu names IN BATTLE are gibberish. Actually, they are still japanese. Just loading the new characters.

When reffering to a Denjuu in a dialog, the names seem to be OK, e.g. translated.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Woah didn't expect someone else from Singapore around here! Hehe :D

It seems we should include this Chinese bootleg in the wiki.. how should we go about doing it? And the Telefang 2 bootleg too?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Well I'd wait with the Telefang 2 bootleg until we have some more information, but if you want to, go for it. I'm not that good at actually writing stuff down XD
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

Btw,I found where they took that pika:
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

So that's where it came from !
I was stupid to think that they may actualy have drawn it !