What's the point of a Denjuu picking up coins?

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Blaziken257

Re: What's the point of a Denjuu picking up coins?

Post by Blaziken257 »

I noticed just now that when the Denjuu following you picks up coins, they do not get added to your total money. So what's the point of them picking them up? Do they just hog the coins then waste them? There has to be a reason why the Denjuu glows when it finds a coin. Does it help it in any way?

The good news is that when a Denjuu picks up an item on the ground, it DOES count. Only the coins don't.

By the way, here's a similar question: In Telefang 1, what do the diamonds that sometimes appear from broken vases do? They don't add anything to your total money in any way (unless they appear at the bottom of the vase when picking it up), so are they just for decoration and to waste people's time getting them all?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: By the way, here's a similar question: In Telefang 1, what do the diamonds that sometimes appear from broken vases do? They don't add anything to your total money in any way (unless they appear at the bottom of the vase when picking it up), so are they just for decoration and to waste people's time getting them all?
Who says that they don't add to something else such as experience or current hp or some invisible but influencing value that, for example, may lower the time it takes for Denjuu to be called into battle or something. Maybe there is a reward somewhere for collecting enough diamonds. It would be interesting to find the current number of diamonds in ram during gameplay and to see when that value drops.
jlun2

Post by jlun2 »

I've figured it out!!
When your denjuu picks up a coin in Telefang 2, It raises it's EXP!
Neat, huh?

Just use VBA's Ram Watch Feature to see it for yourself! ^_^
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Jlun2 wrote:I've figured it out!!
When your denjuu picks up a coin in Telefang 2, It raises it's EXP!
Neat, huh?

Just use VBA's Ram Watch Feature to see it for yourself! ^_^
Yay! Mystery solved. :D

Still somewhat curious about the diamonds in T1 though. :huh:
I'll have a look at this Ram Watch feature.