Re: Trying to hack some of the attacks' names...

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

OK, I just finished editing those moves, and now I have another patch. I will list some more moves shortly... <_<
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

A few more moves (sorry, a bit lazy today):

アイアンクロー (IONPUSH)
ウロコとばし (HDNSCLE)
リング (TREAT)
かみつき (CHEW)
くちばし (BEAK)
けり (KICK)
れんぞくげり (THERUN)
サーベル (SABRE)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

aiankuro^ - Iron Claw
uroko tobashi - this one is confusing.. Uroko is fish scale but I don't remember what the move looks like..
ringu - Ring
kamitsuki - Bite
kuchibashi - Beak
keri - Kicking
renzokugeri - Continuous Kicking
sa^beru - Sabre

Suggestions..
IRONCLAW
SCALES (?)
RING
BITE
BEAK
KICKING
PUMMEL
SABRE
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Hmm, any chance I could get the tbl file you're using x_x? I can't get the one from the link to save right or something, if I open it in WinHex I just get all .................. for the entire rom. I wanted to mess with the Denjuu names, the ones in the existing patch are terrible and have kana like ン and ソ mixed up constantly x__x
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, that file is just a patch... you're supposed to apply it to the original unhacked ROM and it modifies the ROM. What is a TBL file, though? I use this page for reference, and I use a hex editor called XVI32 (which has a search feature) to view the hex values <_<

EDIT: Basically, if I want to modify, say, REKUSU, I would use the aforementioned page to get the hex values for each letter, which turns out to be B1 A4 AA B4 B2 B4, and I search for that in my hex editor. Then I can change it to whatever I want using the link above for reference...

Is there an easier way to do this? <_< Editing stuff by hex can be tedious... Maybe using a TBL file can be easier... but I don't know what one is. :(

And is the kana thing why the DOSO/DOON thing is screwed up?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I have been patching the japanese version ^_^"

Anyway, basically the tbl file can be read by a hex editor so that you can find the text in the rom without looking up the hex values (instead, you could just do a text search for REKUSU for example.)

I've been using WindHex for the bootleg Telefang 1 and it's supposed to be able to read japanese as well, but I don't know how to make a japanese tbl file. Notepad breaks the characters when you save it.

But yes, that's why Doon's name is wrong >_>;
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

The patch works for me... are you sure you're patching the original one and not one that's already patched? And are you sure you're patching the Power version?

By the way, I'm going to create a TBL file now and see how that goes...

YAY DOSO :)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Uh... turns out that it's the hex editor. When I view Telefang 2 with the the WindHex hex editor, I get lots of zeros too. It seems that it's really meant for SNES games... :( Oh well. I guess you'll have to stick to the one I have, XVI32. That one works fine, but doesn't have any support for TBL files as far as I know.

EDIT: There does seem to be a way... but I don't know how to do it... <_<
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I never had an issue ith the patch ^_^""" I'm jut making a seperate one with the names.

Also, I found out how to just make the table in WindHex using the editor and that page as a reference, so I'm doing the names now. Telefang 1 was mostly weird plants, Telefang 2 uses those and some random bird names x__o
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Okay, here's the names patch, I checked and it works on both Power and Speed.