Re: Pokémon Diamond Font Patch

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

RacieB wrote: Oh that is too awesome, I have GOT to play with that later when I'm done with the attack list x__o
Yeah, it sure is awesome. XD The only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda complicated and takes a while to do... but it works!

I'll try to find out how to change the colors of other things... like the maps (which is kinda hard to do with the clock system)... or the different phones... or the text boxes (the pink is ugly, by the way)... or a bunch of other things.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

oh yeaaahhhhh
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Whoa... it looks you redrew the sprite too! I like how that turned out!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah, I've got a bunch of sprites I've revamped, most of them are here (although with the default colors.) I'd been wanting to do a graphic patch for a while but had been putting it off because of the palettes being a pain, but they're easy to fix now =3

EDIT:

Way too proud of this one >___> Bashou's palette was an okay but rather useless black, light blue, off white, and white XP So I gave it Dendel's light and dark blues, and Golaking's yellow, and redid the sprite (based off its Telefang 2 one.)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, since my domain isn't available right now (brother forgot to re-register the name..) and all my images are broken, here's the patch so far. I made it with Power but it should work on Diamond and Speed as well, haven't tested though. If you use the Full Index code you could be able to poke through and look at what I messed with XP I tried changing the palettes of the worst offenders and replaced a bunch of sprites, although I'll probably change a few of those again. I think I'm most proud of getting Gigagigas to resemble.. something!

Code: Select all

01AE76CB
01FFE0C6
01FFE1C6
01FFE2C6
01FFE3C6
01FFE4C6
01FFE5C6
01FFE6C6
01FFE7C6
01FFE8C6
01FFE9C6
01FFEAC6
01FFEBC6
01FFECC6
01FFEDC6
01FFEEC6
01FFEFC6
01FFF0C6
01FFF1C6
01FFF2C6
01FFF3C6
01FFF4C6
013FF5C6
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Made a tutorial on how to replace the sprites and included the information on palette changing too >__>

http://racieb.deviantart.com/art/Telefang-...torial-71778896
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Oh my god... that is just so AWESOME. You're really good at this! It's like playing Pokémon Gold/Silver after playing Red/Blue... a lot of them look much better than before. Some of them are like Telefang 2 quality, such as Osie! (I thought Osie looked really ugly before... <_<) I decided to take a screenshot just for kicks.

By the way, are you going to register it again? And hopefully you won't have to re-do the site ALL OVER AGAIN... :(

EDIT: By the way, nice explanation on how to change the sprites. The explanation is really detailed and hopefully more people will be interested in revamping the sprites now <_< I didn't even know you can import bitmaps in Tile Layer Pro... but now that I know that it will make sprite editing easier whenever I have to do it again. Also, I liked how you gave me credit! Only thing I have to say is that you don't HAVE to base the colors off other Denjuu; if you know binary and how 5-bit colors work you can actually choose from 32,768 different colors...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah, he said he gets paid tomorrow so he'll reregister it then XP And all the files and stuff are still there, just not accessible though the URL. If I had the IP for the site you could see it, I think.

I wish the tutorial looked a bit better, there's a few typos and stuff but my computer has damaged RAM and crashed like 15 times while I was making that so I was just trying to get it completed and uploaded x__x Also, I'm utterly terrible at math, so that's why I just swipe colors from other Denjuu >__>" I'm not sure of an easy way to calculate the colors otherwise.. I'm gonna have to find one though because Nejiro in particular is driving me crazy, nobody has the browns I want to use on him XP But anyway, I never would have figured out the palette hacking on my own, I'd tried before and it was driving me nuts.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I basically devamped Telefang 2 Osie for that sprite XDDD I was thinking of changing it though, he looks a little too small..
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Man, I make a lot of double posts.. anyway, here's this >__>
http://racieb.deviantart.com/art/Telefang-...aziken-71812672
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Thanks! That art is just AWESOME.