Re: Telefang 2 Power Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Staring at the Teletel screenshots, the middle one was bugging me too much, so I fixed the wording on that.. although I didn't think that warranted another patch upload just yet XP

Wondering if I should make the 'S red as well.. I think I see the control codes for that in the text.

I think I have a handfull of battle text left, mainly strange effects of some Electric Attacks I think (there's a Poison-Paralysis one and a Freeze-Burn one o_O?!) and picture book entries are fun, though tedious XP
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I was wondering how you'd pull that one off... the worst part about that was before, when a Denjuu was eight letters long, the "#" would be cut off and you couldn't see it at all. That looks a lot better and more gramatically correct :P

EDIT: This patch is AWESOME. For the first time, this feels like an official game :P You cleaned up a lot of stuff and a lot of battle text is understandable now. Now I know a lot of the things that are going on :P I noticed you changed the items' names (and descriptions) too, nice. And you managed to find four-character words for all types and natures, which is REALLY convenient when the fifth letter likes to remain on the screen for some stupid reason. I HATED that... I saw that in both your videos (and somebody else's videos) and thought that was really weird.

Now... here are some things that I'd like to mention, though:

1. "COMBO SET!" is more than eight characters long, which causes problems because the "T!" hangs off of the text box and remains for a while until someone attacks. Screenshots:

Image Image

I suppose "COMBOSET" would be better...

2. This:

I think this means it doesn't want to attack, because that's what happens when that text pops up. Rex does that too much, and my Mentalis does that too...

3. Two of the flower items have "???" at the beginning:

Did you do this because you didn't know what it was, or because it's supposed to be called Mystery Flower or something?

EDIT 2: I noticed that there are TWO different values for periods: BC (188) and CA (202). These periods look different; BC looks thicker than CA, though I didn't notice this until now, but in the character set I've been using BC the whole time. I think CA might look better (and was used in the original patch), but that's just me...
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

So, uh, working on that patch at all?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, my computer's been utterly horrible for the past weeks but I think it's stable now (got a new one and swapped my old drives in.) So, I can get back to work right now!

I hadn't seen ingame where COMBO SET! was used so that's why I didn't fix that yet, and yeah the period issue is weird, whoever made the original text table made a few other errors too, like the 「」quotation things aren't entered right.

Also, the ??? items are Riddle Bud and Riddle Flower, but I couldn't think of how to abbreviate that without it looking utterly weird so I just did the question marks. By the way, I can't see the second image x_x There are a few more things in the battle text I need to change though, so I may come across that one anyway.

EDIT: and now I CAN see it, weird..
EDITx2: I think it says something like.. "Its bravery was ineffective!!" which sounds silly but I guess it just means it was scared to attack XP
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Oh, just wondering. Well, glad to see that it works better now. I noticed you mentioned a few times before about your unstable computer...

Anyway, my video is now up, and here's the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II1Xpa8mrxc

Just beware, the second half of the battle is REALLY boring...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Sorry I took so long on this, also I've just noticed something else I need to fix when watching the video (when you're picking Denjuu to call, and look at their attacks.) Also I noticed you changed a couple of things like the found item text, so obviously those aren't in this patch yet x__x

I think I translated every line of in-battle text though (except possibly some that's used when you're linked, I REALLY need to play with somebody on VBAlink to test the online capabilities because saves aren't working properly if I try to link to myself.) I've also got some other frequently-used text done, like reform (de)evolutions and Denjuu whining when you toss a barrel at them XP

Image Image Image
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

how do you get an english telefang 2??????????
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've been translating the ROM myself x__x time-consuming, but kind of relaxing...
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

how did you do that??
i think you're a very good hacker!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

There's some more information about this in this topic:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village...hp?showtopic=32

EDIT: I'll check out that patch soon and see what changes there are. U..UHN.....

EDIT2: When looking at the screenshot of Parrotto, I noticed that the description has a semicolon. I recently discovered that in the unpatched game, D3 is always a semicolon and D4 is always a tilde (~). But whoever was creating the patch before changed D3 to a comma and D4 to an apostrophe, but only in the battle text. (Yes, the font shows up at least twice in the ROM.) Were you trying to put a comma in there? If so, I'll use my tile editor to change it...