Re: [Hack Tool] Denjuu Editor SP

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
swampert22(imported)

Post by swampert22(imported) »

Hey everyone, if you're into hacking Pokémon games, you may know me from PokéCommunity. I'm swampert22, and I make hacking tools! :D

This is a little something I whipped up in Visual Basic, it's called Denjuu Editor SP and will edit the base information of all the Denjuu in Speed and Power ROMs, including the Bootleg 'Pokémon Diamond'.

Latest Update: 01/03/2009 v2.0.2

v2.0.2

- Fixed bugs found by Blaziken257

v2.0.1

- Fixed bug in Stat Calculator giving wrong values

v2.0

- New design with tabbed control. Makes the program a bit more tidy I think :lol:
- The ability to jump to Denjuu furthur up the evolutionary line
- Now the names of the Denjuu Moves are viewable in English, Bootleg or Romaji
- A Stat Calulator has been added to show the stats of any Denjuu at any level
- The ability to edit the items that provide Denjuu with extra experience

-The file tabctl32.ocx is included in the download for compatability reasons

Please let me know what you think of this tool. Enjoy and happy hacking!

Download(208KB)

swampert22
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Argh! I was spending my time making a similar tool! But then yours looks so much cooler lol

Haha thanks for the great work ^^

By the way you should read the Denjuu names from the ROM itself, as well as the Move names and type names (they're all editable)

And for those move spaces with no move you should just disable the Lv field for that move. Great work anyways!

P.S. By the way I do know you from PokeCommunity. Heheh.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Nice job! I'll try this program out when I have the chance. I'm curious to how you did that. No more using a hex editor for movesets or base stats! This makes it a lot easier when it comes to hacking them or ripping them... My only complaint is that you used bootleg names for the Denjuu... you should either use English names (like Crypto) or rip those from the ROM (though ripping Japanese characters will be a pain in the neck...). Or make a setting where the user can choose to view the bootleg names or the Japanese names. But otherwise, great!

P.S. I noticed you added your tool in Data Crystal... XD
swampert22(imported)

Thanks for your support guys! I'm glad you like the tool!

@Milnivri: Sorry for beating you to it... :P The reason I didn't read the names from the ROM is because, with reading a Japanese ROM, it would cause big problems. Mainly because I would have to code in all the Japanese characters :rolleyes: As for disabling the blank moves, the idea is, if there is a blank space for a move, then you can add one in so the Denjuu can learn more moves.

P.S. thats cool that you know me from PC, I guess I'm almost a little bit famous woo!

@Blaziken257: Basically I just coded the program to read the Denjuu data depending on where you are in the list of Denjuu. Pretty simply VB. I shall update the program to use the English names, when I get time, but I noticed on Wikifang that there isn't a complete list of translations, so if you know where I can find one, please post here!

As for DataCrystal, I always add my tools to it so they get maximum exposure :lol:
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, the Wikifang list is the most complete list so far (and it gets updated constantly by Kimbles). So, I guess you can wait for her to finish, or you can use the names on that list, and use romaji for Denjuu not translated yet.

Also, I found a few bugs in this program.

- The program can only remember changes to one Denjuu at a time. If you change a Denjuu, you HAVE to save it before switching to another Denjuu. If you don't, it will forget what changes you made! This can be annoying to have to save after every Denjuu.
- If you load another ROM, it doesn't load the data of the Denjuu from the new ROM. It still keeps the data it had before you loaded the ROM, which can be annoying if you have two ROMs with different Denjuu data. (Though you can get around this by clicking on another Denjuu and then back to the Denjuu you were editing.)
- It is possible to input negative numbers in the base stats or the levels, and there won't be any error message like there is if you input a number too high. (This seems to be a signed integer, so putting in -1 will be 255, -2 will become 254, -3 will become 253, and so on. This makes it possible to enter in a level greater than 100.)
- If you don't put in a number in a base stat or a level (for example, a letter), then the program will crash and give the message:

"Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch"
- I also found a minor typo: Move 4 is listed as Move 3. (This one should be the easiest to fix.)

Also, I'm glad that someone actually bothered to look at the information I put in on the ROM map page on Data Crystal <_< I think it's a better idea to link to the topic than the download page, though, so that people can read about the program and see what it looks like...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Advances in telefang hacking are always welcomed.

Also thanks for posting this here. :D

You may need to re-label move 4 as "Denma Attack" though
wrote:jj = Move 4 (A move in this slot will always be a Denma Attack, meaning it will take numerous turns to charge up, and runs off the user's Denma Attack stat and the opponent's Denma Defense stat. It's worth noting that you can put ANY attack in this slot.)
Also you can just write the names as "Bootleg Name/Wikifang Name".
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Well if I want to continue working on my tool, swampert you wouldn't mind right? ;)

That's because I have some little special features.. xD

Or if you want, I can pass you the source code of what I've done so far for you to implement into your tool? Or vice versa?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I really think that the two of you should team up.

Milnivri!
Swampert!
Andwhy, Blaziken, Kimbles!
Go planet! :lol:

(sorry I just felt like quoting captain planet for some reason)
swampert22(imported)

Thanks for the replys guys B)

@Blaziken257 - Thank you very much for the error report, I shall fix all the bugs! Good suggestion about the names, I shall use Kimbles English and the Romanji for the ones that are missing! The bugs should all be easy to fix, I know what has gone wrong with all of them, so thanks for bringing it to my attention, sometimes I post a new tool on PC and it goes days with people downloading but not leaving any comments even if there are bugs that I find myself! There are a lot of people that just leech of there though. :(

Now I know it is your information, I shall credit you in the program! You can expect the update later today :D

@andwhyisit - You're very welcome, I shall take your suggestions and mix them into the tool :P

@Milnivri - Well what were you plannig to implement that was extra special? If it's above me then by all means make it into a new tool so we can have 3 telefang hacking tools! :lol:

Right, I'm opening up VB now, so I'll get working on the bugs.

Later,

swampert22
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Nice editor(even though I haven't tried it yet). A few questions though:

1. Can you imput any new denju?
2. Can you alter their locations?
3. Can you have any other denjuu evolve from exp instead of reform or test?
4. Will there be one for T2?