Re: [Hack Tool] Denjuu Editor SP

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Woah Blaziken that's amazing stuff!

Wahaha that's really going to help Telefang hacking ;)

And oh, swampert22, I can't wait to see your tool update with this! =)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

swampert22,Oct 28 2008 wrote: For the record, I shall not be added an image editor. This is the last I'll say on it. TLP works fine with it, uncompressed, you can even just lay a new bitmap over it. When it's this easy, there is no point implementing a feature that would take me ages to work out. :o
I never said anything about an image editor. Just to display an image of the denjuu that you are editing the stats of that reflects palette changes.

I am not suggesting tile editing because that would be foolish when TLP can do that already. I am suggesting a way to view the palette changes within Denjuu Editor SP, which is something that no tile editor can do.

I am not trying to push the idea with this, just trying to explain what I am talking about because, no offense but this is the second time I had to correct you.

An example of what I mean:

I could copy every single palette adjustment manually to a tile viewer just to view my colour changes on the denjuu itself, or I could change colours then load up the game to view the changes before repeating the process, but it just seems like it would take alot less time if you could view the denjuu with the changed palette in Denjuu Editor SP.

Anyway I will stop going on about this.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I can't wait to see this added in the program either! I thought I'd never figure this out, but I did! XD
swampert22(imported)

Post by swampert22(imported) »

Yo Denjuu Dudes! :D

The update is here! I'm sorry it took more than a day to do, but I was busy with an old mate yesterday. :lol:

Once again, big thanks to Blaziken257 who has made this possible B)
He really is pretty awesome...

The update can be downloaded from the main post.

@andwhyisit - I did understand where you were coming from and I really think it would be a useful addition to the tool, but it is way out of my knowledge. If you know how to code it in VB6, then by all means tell me, but until I get amazing at 4BPP image decoding or someone tells me, it won't be in the program. I am very sorry :( :rolleyes:

Seroiusly though, I don't think it's that big a problem, that you have to save the program then load your ROM, as before if you wanted to edit the palette it was a hell of a lot harder... :blink:

Anyway, Enjoy!

swampert22
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wow... nicely done! Now evolutions are completely customizable!

Just one thing I noticed, though... the experimental items (Baolan, Gulap, Jigay) are in the wrong places. There are six items in between the mod and experimental items that are NOT used for evolution, which is why I did not list them. Here are the items in case you're interested:

3A - Reform1
3B - Reform2
3C - Reform3
3D - Test1
3E - Test2
3F - Test3

These items do not show up when doing either kind of evolution, which is why I left them out. You probably got confused at this, and most likely forgot to skip six items before adding in the last three.

Or maybe you thought 40 comes after 39 in hex...
swampert22(imported)

Post by swampert22(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote: Wow... nicely done! Now evolutions are completely customizable!

Just one thing I noticed, though... the experimental items (Baolan, Gulap, Jigay) are in the wrong places. There are six items in between the mod and experimental items that are NOT used for evolution, which is why I did not list them. Here are the items in case you're interested:

3A - Reform1
3B - Reform2
3C - Reform3
3D - Test1
3E - Test2
3F - Test3

These items do not show up when doing either kind of evolution, which is why I left them out. You probably got confused at this, and most likely forgot to skip six items before adding in the last three.

Or maybe you thought 40 comes after 39 in hex...
:D Thanks!

Good info bud, I shall update! Um, do you know if there are any other items? Just for compatability reasons, it's better than having ?????s in the spaces don't you think?

Btw, I didn't think that 40 came after 39 in hex, that's a pretty rookie mistake to make and I have been hacking a long time ;)

It may not be tonight, but definately tomorrow you'll see the update :)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

There's one that I didn't mention... 43 is some item called "Prop". I have no idea what this is for. I don't think I've ever seen it in the game. IIRC, that item doesn't show up for mod or experimental evolution either.

After that, it's just garbage text, then after that, from 0x2E8FA-0x2F9B9, there's some REALLY weird text that I've never seen at all in the game. But I don't think they're items at all... And all of this text is just gibberish; they're not English words as far as I know!
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

swampert22 wrote: Wow Blaziken257, you have been busy. I wake up, check the thread and there's loads of new posts! This really is great information, and I shall add it to the program as soon as possible. You'll have to wait until wednesday though, as I am busy today... :(

Fantastic work though, I'm very impressed!

For the record, I shall not be added an image editor. This is the last I'll say on it. TLP works fine with it, uncompressed, you can even just lay a new bitmap over it. When it's this easy, there is no point implementing a feature that would take me ages to work out. :o
You know, it's alot easier to say "I won't be adding these", instread of trying to sound classy and superior.
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

Kid Sonic wrote:You know, it's alot easier to say "I won't be adding these", instread of trying to sound classy and superior.
You know, it's much more beneficial to the community as a whole to be supportive and informative rather than condescending and unnecessarily critical.

:P

Anyway, more to the point:
I can't open this program. When I try to open the .exe, it gives this error:

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I don't actually have a Telefang rom on this computer, so I don't know if that might be the problem...XD
For the record, I tried downloading a file with that name and sticking it in the folder with the exe, but the error still comes up.

Think it's a problem with the program? :unsure:

I'm running Windows XP if that matters in the slightest.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

swampert22 wrote:Once again, big thanks to Blaziken257 who has made this possible B)
He really is pretty awesome...
Don't we all know it. :D
swampert22 wrote:@andwhyisit - I did understand where you were coming from and I really think it would be a useful addition to the tool, but it is way out of my knowledge. If you know how to code it in VB6, then by all means tell me, but until I get amazing at 4BPP image decoding or someone tells me, it won't be in the program. I am very sorry :( :rolleyes:
I'll try to look into it when I have the time (and if I remember).

Would VB support a 2-bit (4 colour palette) bitmap image? Or should I use 4-bit (16 colours)? Actually is there any specific image format that you need the 2BPP images converted to?