Re: [Hack Tool] Denjuu Editor SP

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
swampert22(imported)

Post by swampert22(imported) »

Finally I have updated the tool again! There are quite a few changes in this version. There is a list of changes in the first post, along with the download!

Now, as there has been this number of changes, it is likely that there will be a few bugs. I would greatly appreciate it if you could post back here with any you find, and I shall correct them!

Enjoy the update, the newly discovered fiddly data editing is SOOO much easier now! :lol:
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Awesome.

Mirrored, if you don't mind.

I'll test it right now and tell you any bugs!
swampert22(imported)

Haha, of course I don't mind! I'll use your direct link in the main post if you don't mind. It's better than sending people through sendspace :lol:

Hope you enjoy the program :D
swampert22(imported)

Sorry to double post, but I just noticed and fixed a bug in the Stat Calculator that was causing an incorrect readout. You can download the update in the main post.

Oh and Sanky, you wouldn't mind mirroring this version either would you :lol:
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

No problem! XD

Yeah, it's so awesome. I'm so going to do a Telefang hack... someday XD
swampert22(imported)

Thanks! I've put the link into the main post :)

I'm glad you like it! I take it you haven't found any more bugs ;)

With what we know already we could make some kind of Telefang hack. I'm not sure how good it would be though :lol:
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I just tried it out, and so far, it's great! I really like how you can jump to evolutions. Very useful, and that was something that was bugging me for a while. And I like the tabs, makes things a lot neater.

Just a few things to nitpick about though:

1. The highest level a Denjuu can reach is 99, not 100. This isn't Pokémon :P

2. There's a bug with the experience item picker. If you open the window, close it, then open it again, no check boxes are checked, and the drop-down bar for the primary item is blank.

3. Another bug is that if I change any experience items, save, then select that Denjuu again, it crashes with a runtime error. Even if I restart the program, it continues to crash on that Denjuu. I think this is related to the above glitch, because when I looked at the modified ROM in the hex editor I use, this was the hex string for the Denjuu I modified:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF

That FF at the end is problematic, because this is an undefined item. I think this is what triggers the glitch. And the bytes of 00 before it is weird too. Apparently it unchecks every item when I save.

4. The stat calculator doesn't round at all. Not a big deal, but it may confuse people. With some testing, here is the rounding rule I came up with:

- If a Denjuu is at level 2, the stat rounds up.
- Otherwise, it rounds down.

5. Now that I think of it, "Stat Growth" may make more sense than "Level Influence." And you should note somewhere that these values are how much stats rise after two levels.

6. When I try to select the item names, it's disabled for me. Denjuu and move names work fine though.
swampert22(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: I just tried it out, and so far, it's great! I really like how you can jump to evolutions. Very useful, and that was something that was bugging me for a while. And I like the tabs, makes things a lot neater.

Just a few things to nitpick about though:

1. The highest level a Denjuu can reach is 99, not 100. This isn't Pokémon :P

2. There's a bug with the experience item picker. If you open the window, close it, then open it again, no check boxes are checked, and the drop-down bar for the primary item is blank.

3. Another bug is that if I change any experience items, save, then select that Denjuu again, it crashes with a runtime error. Even if I restart the program, it continues to crash on that Denjuu. I think this is related to the above glitch, because when I looked at the modified ROM in the hex editor I use, this was the hex string for the Denjuu I modified:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF

That FF at the end is problematic, because this is an undefined item. I think this is what triggers the glitch. And the bytes of 00 before it is weird too. Apparently it unchecks every item when I save.

4. The stat calculator doesn't round at all. Not a big deal, but it may confuse people. With some testing, here is the rounding rule I came up with:

- If a Denjuu is at level 2, the stat rounds up.
- Otherwise, it rounds down.

5. Now that I think of it, "Stat Growth" may make more sense than "Level Influence." And you should note somewhere that these values are how much stats rise after two levels.

6. When I try to select the item names, it's disabled for me. Denjuu and move names work fine though.
Thanks for the error report Blaziken257, I know I can always count on your input :lol:

1. Easily fixed!

2. I think it's fixed... Although the rest of the data for the selected Denjuu will be reloaded. So remember to keep saving your changes! That's the only way I could think of fixing it at the moment :blink:

3. That's wierd. It didn't happen for me. I have made some changes so it may be better now :unsure:

4. I knew about this, and tryed to do something with it earlier, I couldn't get the value to round off. I shall add a note to the program to explain.

5. Noted!

6. I know about this. I haven't added in the Bootleg and Romaji values for the items yet. I haven't come across a Romaji list of items. When I do, I shall add that feature in.

Give it another try. I hope this has cured the bugs you found!

Download
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

www.sankysoft.com/tulunk/DenjuuEditorSP_v31_Swampert22.zip
Mirror.

I've seen a list of Romaji item names, but I can't find it right now D:
swampert22(imported)

Sanky wrote: www.sankysoft.com/tulunk/DenjuuEditorSP_v31_Swampert22.zip
Mirror.

I've seen a list of Romaji item names, but I can't find it right now D:
Thanks Sanky :lol: Link updated!

Oh OK. Well if you ever come across it again give me a bell!