Power Version Menu Patch #3

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Power Version Menu Patch #3

Post by andwhyisit »

The symbol for Chiru has been replaced, Fangs renamed to Fungus with all the evolutions following suit, and all of the Evolutionary Stages are written out in full apart from "Super Machine Denjuu" which was shortened to "S.Machine Denjuu".

Note: The patch in this thread is outdated.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh, nice! Thank you very much!

It somewhat works on the bootleg, but the Kind (type) is broken and the description too (but that's not imoprant).

Oh, wait. All the text is broken. Awww. You should try to make the patch work on the bootleg. I like the name fixes.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Oh, nice! Thank you very much!

It somewhat works on the bootleg, but the Kind (type) is broken and the description too (but that's not imoprant).

Oh, wait. All the text is broken. Awww. You should try to make the patch work on the bootleg. I like the name fixes.
Do not use it on the bootleg, only the Japanese Power Version. A translation of the bootleg is useless because it does nothing to fix the horrible glitches that Diamond has. This is a way to start off fresh and glitch free. Try it with the Japanese Power version and it translates Denjuu names, attack names, name select screen, evolutionary stage names, Chiru icon, fonts, etc. The downside is that all dialogue becomes broken until someone translates it or I just give up and dump the engrish text in there.

p.s. Does anyone know the location of the menu fonts?
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

You should change Mikichan into "Unidentified" or something

And Shellstellar -> Shellsterra (I changed the names in the wiki a few months back without thinking. hehe sorry)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: You should change Mikichan into "Unidentified" or something

And Shellstellar -> Shellsterra (I changed the names in the wiki a few months back without thinking. hehe sorry)
Thanks.

But I still need a way to get those menus done, either by editing the menu fonts (which seem to be compressed) or by finding out how diamond did it (they pretty much made a new lot of uncompressed font tiles and made the rom use those somehow, how they did it I do not know).
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:
Milnivri,Mar 30 2008 wrote: But I still need a way to get those menus done, either by editing the menu fonts (which seem to be compressed) or by finding out how diamond did it (they pretty much made a new lot of uncompressed font tiles and made the rom use those somehow, how they did it I do not know).
They fixed a lot of menus strangely. They somewhat... Well, the game loads the Japanese menu, and one frame after it will change it to English. Seems they made this "rewrite" code from scratch.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:
andwhyisit,Mar 29 2008 wrote:
Milnivri,Mar 30 2008 wrote: But I still need a way to get those menus done, either by editing the menu fonts (which seem to be compressed) or by finding out how diamond did it (they pretty much made a new lot of uncompressed font tiles and made the rom use those somehow, how they did it I do not know).
They fixed a lot of menus strangely. They somewhat... Well, the game loads the Japanese menu, and one frame after it will change it to English. Seems they made this "rewrite" code from scratch.
Yeah all of Diamond's menu tile locations when looked up in Power are empty, same goes for the title screen.

Maybe I should go learn assembly and try this stuff out for myself.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

For now, I suggest copying most of the bootleg's story data into the patch. That would be the best start - I mean, we would essentialy have the bootleg translation but everything else would be original.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: For now, I suggest copying most of the bootleg's story data into the patch. That would be the best start - I mean, we would essentialy have the bootleg translation but everything else would be original.
Glitch-free too. :D
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

But then you have to edit the pointers along with it...