Telefang Tools

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Malias(imported)

Re: Telefang Tools

Post by Malias(imported) »

So, I figured it would be a good idea to have a separate thread for this rather than on the main one. For those who don't know, the Telefang Tools are a set of utilities that were designed to decompress and recompress the graphics and tilemaps of the gbc Telefang games. Here is the link for the tools:

http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?file_pa...ang%20Tools.zip

I have just update the graphics compression utility. As it was pointed out to me by one of the forum members, the program caused memory overflow errors in certain instances. This has been fixed.

Incidentally, the graphics utilities (at least) have also been proven to be compatible with Medarot. If you find any other games that it works on, let me know and I'll add it to the list of compatible games.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yeah, thanks for updating the tool! It worked perfectly so far.
I'll tell you if I run into any more issues.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

The link seems to be down... Does anyone still have this?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Taisuru(imported)

Post by Taisuru(imported) »

Hey Sanky, are you still working on that Medarot 1 translation?

If not, would you mind posting a step by step way to use this program for it, or even the file that you have already hacked somewhat?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

A step-by-step way is already included with the program, I can't make it any simplier. You've got to find the ROM offsets containing the compressed graphics yourself, though, I'm pretty sure I lost these.

I'd post the latest version, but I don't have my old harddisk handy yet. I'll post it by then.

Please be ready to deal with only a partially changed font, translated Medarot names, a table for Japanese and a hex editor.
http://sanky.master.sweb.cz/m1_02.ips