8-char Denjuu Names

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
lapeirousia19(imported)

Re: 8-char Denjuu Names

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

The genus Lapeirousia is called Lapyrus in the Netherlands. Maybe that's a decent shortened name.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

casbazzer wrote:The genus Lapeirousia is called Lapyrus in the Netherlands. Maybe that's a decent shortened name.
Thankyou!
NightSong(imported)

Post by NightSong(imported) »

My Emulator has a problem with those long names, or maybe its the ROM itself, don't know, but when a denjuu with a name longer than 7 letters has it's turn in battle or is attacked, there is a long period where some text should show up, but it doesn't. I have to click away many empty textbars.
Do you have the same problem or is it just me?^^

sry for my not pefect english, i'm german and my english is what we learn at school^^
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

I think that's because we still haven't fixed the name issues in the newest patch.

RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Are you using one of the newer patch versions? This thread was referencing a very old version where names could only be 8 characters max, at least one of the newer patches (v69 and v70 that I know of?) had the problem you're talking about. It might have been fixed since then, I haven't tested v71+ yet myself.

Here's the latest patch: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/515337/28/#post8209786
NightSong(imported)

I use patch v. 77 and there still is this problem :(
I can't play like that, my Crypto just evolved and now has the name Cryptor und this name is to long, 7 letters are to much :(
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Strange, it's apparently a bug with the current patch. There's a lot of work going on to make the game display names/nicknames longer than 6 characters and the bugs are still being worked out with it I guess!
NightSong(imported)

ok, so to solve the problem i have to download an older version like 70?^^
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Updates usually come pretty quickly, I bet it will be fixed soon! I dunno when though since I'm not one of the ones working on coding, haha...