digimon vs pokemon who will win?

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
Dino DragonX(imported)

Re: digimon vs pokemon who will win?

Post by Dino DragonX(imported) »

B) who will win?
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Digimon totally.
I mean, have you seen those uber-powerful Digimon? Arceus is like cupcakes to them.

Sometimes I like viewing Pokemon vs Digimon threads in those huge Pokemon forums. Most of the replies (which consist of pogeymanz wins digemonz sux) usually come from idiots who've never even seen 10% of the Digimon population.

I still like both of them. :)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Digimon.

How is this a fair competition exactly?
Dino DragonX(imported)

andwhyisit wrote: Digimon.

How is this a fair competition exactly?
B) You know the rare pokemons can fight digimons head on!! and that is how is a fair
competition!! B)
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Nobody said it had to be fair 8D
wrote:You know the rare pokemons can fight digimons head on!! and that is how is a fair
competition!!
ImageImage
Feebas vs. ZeedMilleniummon
WHO WILL WIN!?!?
*suspense*

[/lame]
This is so fair.
Dino DragonX(imported)

garm wrote: Nobody said it had to be fair 8D
wrote:You know the rare pokemons can fight digimons head on!! and that is how is a fair
competition!!
ImageImage
Feebas vs. ZeedMilleniummon
WHO WILL WIN!?!?
*suspense*

[/lame]
This is so fair.
ZeedMilleniummon will win B)
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Let's make this even more interesting. Let's throw in some Asuras from Digital Devil Saga and REALLY let it rip. Survivors get to fight Michael Jackson.

Not only we are talking two completely different types of monster game series, each one with its own evolutionary levels, and asking who will win. It's kinda like asking which one is evolutionarily superior: Arthropods or Vertebrates.

No, even more ridiculous. Animals or Fungi. Think VERY carefully before answering.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I figured it was more like.. who would win in a fight, one of my tarantulas or this tarantula?
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

StellarWind wrote:No, even more ridiculous. Animals or Fungi. Think VERY carefully before answering.
That is a horrible example. Everyone knows the Fungi will win in the end. :(

Anyway, I agree that "who will win" topics are almost invariably flawed like that.

However:
Way back when Digimon was in its first couple seasons and Pokémon was in its first couple games, I think that Digimon had a distinct advantage. Basically, Pokémon had a limited number of monsters, all of which were relatively small (in comparison to Digimon) and moreover were designed to be balanced against eachother.

Digimon, however, had no real upper limits on size, and had no problems with abusing power-level inflation (I'm a mega! Oh yeah? I'm a mega-mega! That's still a mega only 10 times stronger.)

Therefore Digimon was granted an advantage mainly because it came into its own as an anime, whereas Pokémon was a game, with games requiring balance and anime requiring nothing of the sort.

I say this in the past tense, because from what I've seen Pokémon has been going down the power-level inflation path as well with their Legendaries. I haven't been keeping track of how far it's gotten, but pretty much once you reach the level of "two beings who can both create and destroy universes at will and/or completely control time" it stops being a fight in any useful sense, so the question becomes pointless.
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Well for now, Digimon has mons that can both create and destroy universes and (almost) completely control time all in one mon, while Pokemon doesn't, so Digimon wins now. xD

It's not really the addition of new monsters that make versus topics flawed; it's the fact that they're not meant to be in the same 'universe' to begin with.
Different settings/enemies/happenings = different power levels
With the exception of stuff like SSB, but in those games some characters are usually watered down or beefed up from their own canon to be fair.