So, how was your day?

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
Imaynotbehere4long

Re: So, how was your day?

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

You people are really anti-forum, aren't you?

Anyway, I recently finished uploading some music from the Super Lucky's Tale soundtrack to YouTube since not every song had been uploaded yet. I also included a download link in my videos' descriptions for all the songs I ripped (which should be every track in the game) since nobody else bothered to make a download for the game's music (there isn't even an official soundtrack despite the devs saying it's "coming" for months). With that egregious wrong righted, I can go back to making covers of the GBC Animorphs soundtrack.

Also, Reddit keeps removing my posts since I'm a new user (I messaged the mods and they said my post didn't break the rules or anything). What's worse is that Reddit pretends like it posts my messages, but they don't show up for anyone but me (and if its the start of a thread, it doesn't show up on the list of threads). I don't understand how that site got so popular.

It took a while, but the mod figured out what was happening with my posts: the filter removed all posts with a YouTube link. I was able to get my posts through this time, so I'm happy.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:You people are really anti-forum, aren't you?
Sorry. We used to have an irc bot called Ganraikou that told us when someone posted in the forum amongst other useful stuff such as github notices. Unfortunately the irc bridge was taken down to stop irc spammers from impacting the discord server, and that meant that Ganraikou could no longer communicate with discord.
Imaynotbehere4long

andwhyisit wrote:We used to have an irc bot that told us when someone posted in the forum
That's kinda my point: nobody uses the forum unless someone else uses the forum first; the only exception is when patch updates are posted. I prefer the forum layout to Discord since it makes it easier to follow topics and distinguish between different topics of the same subject rather than have everything clumped together in a huge list, but I guess that's just me.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Thing is that the community used to be split between the irc users and the forum users. But Discord was such a great compromise between the two that most of everyone switched to Discord.
Imaynotbehere4long

...and now the forum's original, unique layout has been replaced by tapatalk's homogenization. This just isn't my day. u_u
Last edited by Imaynotbehere4long on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote: ...and now the forum's original, unique layout has been replaced by tapatalk's homogenization. This just isn't my day. ?
We hate it too. There is talk about moving the forum but we can't seem to decide on what forum software to go with.
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

I'm never sure if I'm the only one on the Internet doing well or if people are just more likely to speak out when things aren't. ? Don't get me wrong, you totally should if you feel the need to, and it's really me vs. me if I don't feel at ease being positive.

Anyway, thanks to the virus that's, well, gone viral, the minimal stress from work isn't even an issue for me at the moment, and thanks to taking the time to explore some uncharted area around town, the last few days have really been special in that deep, personal type of way. That's actually been part of what's brought me back into "Telefang mode" this past week, as well as the GBC's library in general. Even though most of my ideas at the moment are remixes, I've been more inspired musically too.

I've learned by this point how terrible I am at being supportive, but nonetheless my heart goes out to anyone here who's struggling and those close to them. It seems like we all inevitably face times that test our faith in what's truly meaningful to us.
Imaynotbehere4long

Sherkel wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:45 pmor if people are just more likely to speak out when things aren't.
I think that's more likely. After all, things being well is normal, and people are more inclined to talk about what's abnormal.

P.S. It's always nice to see someone post in this thread. I find forums easier to keep up with than Discord's glorified IRC. EDIT: but I guess you know that already. :P
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

I cannot tolerate Discord mainly due to the concept of "centralizing" one's online presence. If I want to talk Telefang, I don't want anyone or any groups I talk about other things with to know I'm online for some reason. I could stay on Invisible all the time, but that's lame. Also, even if I do that, I don't want to know that there's been activity in some other group or be reminded it exists if I only log on to participate in one. Besides, in the case of forums, owners have the chance to customize them and allow them to gain a growing sense of personality as members of the community continue going back to the same memorable place and participating. Even this one in its current state is unique because of the banner at the top, the board descriptions, all the Telefang-themed avatars next to posts I remember people making, and the fact it's the only one I've ever seen that uses Tapatalk.

Don't even get me started on how easily messages get lost on Discord...IRC was that way too, but it was a clear case of "you either save a log or you don't", while Discord is a "maybe you'll find them, maybe you won't, can't decide what it is" kind of situation...ah, I guess I kind of got started there, so I'll stop.