So, how was your day?

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
Imaynotbehere4long

Re: So, how was your day?

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Basically, this topic is for you to talk about what has been going on in your life. I admit that I basically created this topic to indirectly ask what has been taking the Telefang translations so long, but I decided to make it more general to try and encourage more activity on the forum.

For me, things have been fairly uneventful. If I'm not in class or doing homework, I'm working on my SMBX episode, playing video games, or browsing the SMBX & Talkhaus forums. I also watch internet videos when I eat (usually video game reviews), and if I become interested in a game that's mentioned, I'll look it up and see if I can play it (That's how I found out about Telefang: JonTron mentioned it in his bootleg Pokemon games episode, and I looked it up). Occasionally, I'll remember that this forum exists, too, only to check it and realize that there still haven't been any new posts.
Superjustinbros(imported)

Post by Superjustinbros(imported) »

Redid the game room in my house; while it's far from perfect it looks a lot better than it once did, got rid of all the clutter, and I plan to get a new shelving system to hold my NES and SNES cartridges (since the shelves they're on are pretty much full).
Also taking meds to help my sinus problems.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Holy crap, october 2015 and I never noticed this.
wrote:what has been taking the Telefang translations so long
I was in charge of translation for Telefang 2 and the Telefang manga. At some point I had so much on my mind that caused stress I basically had to tell myself "Okay, let's just not focus on these cool hobby things at all for a while". That included translating.

It's been like a year now since much of any progress on either thanks to that. I'm still more or less in the same boat, although in a lesser degree at least.

Some of the things I've been doing: making (paid) websites for other people, making music for video games (Punch Club is actually enjoying a good bit of popularity and people like the music, hooray!), doing important school work, picking up a part-time job, spending time with my fiancee in a different country (who happens to be RacieB's sister!), and lots of procrastinating as usual.

I want to do more Telefang again, though. Hopefully soon. I'll probably actually contribute to the Telefang 1 translation instead, because, well, it seems both more relevant/popular right now and further along the way anyway. :)
Imaynotbehere4long

DaVince wrote:I'll probably actually contribute to the Telefang 1 translation instead, because, well, it seems both more relevant/popular right now and further along the way anyway. :)
Funny you say that; I'm the kind of person who likes to play games in order, meaning I want to beat Telefang 1 before starting Telefang 2, etc., and probably the only reason I wouldn't do that is if I have no access to the prequel or it isn't in English. That might have something to do with T1's popularity over T2, or it could just be that T1 was turned into Diamond and Jade (I know I had no idea Telefang had a sequel until coming here and seeing the T2 translation thread, but then again, I came here as soon as I reached the end of the T1 translation, and I started playing the T1 translation as soon as I found out about Telefang).
On the subject of the thread: not much has changed for me except I got more homework and more Steam games. I've all but put off abandonware/emulated games/fan-made games since I'm trying to prioritize the games I paid money for (assuming I have time to play at all). However, my main hobby-related priority is to help finish SMWCX (an SMBX collaboration episode by SMWC members), as the project has been going on for literally years due to a former lack of a due date for submissions, and I am one of only two beta testers for it (the other is Blue Leaf, the collab's host).
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

wrote:That might have something to do with T1's popularity over T2, or it could just be that T1 was turned into Diamond and Jade
Yeah, perhaps! Though it's worth mentioning T2 also had its own silly Pokémon bootlegs, but those just aren't as well-known (or as funny, really).

Speaking of T1, I've slowly started some translation of it. Due to my own lack of free time, it'll go slowly and be spread among other hobbies and obligations for the time being. But it's *something*.

I've also been playing the translation for as far as it's been made so far, alongside the original Japanese version. (Yes, I have been part of the community without playing much of it at all.) It's pretty solid and well done!
wrote:I'm trying to prioritize the games I paid money for
Oh, I totally know what you mean there. In the same boat. Doesn't help there's one particular game that I just keep returning to (The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth)... xD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've gotten regular employment which doesn't leave me with a lot of energy for things I *like* to do (ie Telefang stuff) but I've been trying to force myself to do things in all of my spare time anyway! Been trying to do image editing on the manga translation, and art stuff for the community.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

I hope that even though you're forcing it, it's still fun for you. =) Also, always quite like your art!
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

On leave from college at the moment for reasons, and despite what I tell everyone IRL, I couldn't be happier. Lately I've been looking back on stuff that I haven't touched in a while, like Telefang, and the feeling I get from it now is incredible!! There was a day here and there over the last few years where I'd listen to some of the music or try in vain to play through it again, but despite how much I love the atmosphere in the game it wouldn't ever last. Basically, yesterday was all about Telefang for me. I'm wondering right now if there's any way I could help out with activities here.
Imaynotbehere4long

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:my main hobby-related priority is to help finish SMWCX (an SMBX collaboration episode by SMWC members), as the project has been going on for literally years due to a former lack of a due date for submissions, and I am one of only two beta testers for it (the other is Blue Leaf, the collab's host).
I'm not sure if anyone here really cares, but SMWCX was finally finished a couple days ago! Those of you with your own projects know how much of a relief it is to finish something after working on it for months. For those of you who are curious, here's the release thread: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=85407

Now, I can go back to working on my personal SMBX project, which will probably take even longer to finish. I can also look forward to my senior year of college, which begins in a week.
FailureBiWinning

Post by FailureBiWinning »

I haven't posted here in a LONG time... so I figured I'd drop by. My day has currently been very uneventful... but the months leading up to today have been a rollercoaster ride. Back near the tail end of November, something happened to me that's made me realize just how much of a nosedive my health has taken over the years (legitimately made me fear for my life). I felt sharp pain in my left arm and ever since that day I had dull aches all over my body. I thought I was having heart problems (possibly at risk of having a heart attack), so I went to the doctor and had a few tests run - my heart rate is okay, my blood pressure and blood sugar were okay; it didn't seem like I had heart problems (I'm 23 - the doctor said that this shouldn't be an issue at my age. Keyword: shouldn't). It was suggested that I may have digestive tract issues, and I discovered upon further research that I have GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease). The pain in my left arm was nothing more than a combination of a pinched nerve and a sore muscle (I have a bad habit of leaning on my left arm too much).

GERD is like acid reflux in that it involves stomach acid going up into the esophagus, but it's much more frequent, and more severe. I know exactly what caused it too: ate way too much spicy food, drank way too much coffee and sodas, drank way too much fruit juice that had citric acid in it, and took too many NSAID pain relievers (I'd always pop an Advil when I had a headache... in fact, I popped two, which I shouldn't have - the bottle says to take one every 24 hours; I guess two counts as overdosing). I've started watching what I eat... and given that I'm over 200 pounds (Wii Fit Plus loves to remind me that I'm apparently obese), I started exercising more often... I also found out that I'm 5 feet and 11 inches tall - never really paid attention to my height until I went to the doctor, so that's something new (for me, at least). I'm doing better now, but I'm considerably more cautious regarding my health these days.
Simple sprite editor - sometimes I do not-so-simple edits.

:jank: :ghostfree: :p01: