Keitai Denjuu Telefang Power & Speed (Complete MIDI Soundtrack)

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
jo19.sh92(imported)

Re: Keitai Denjuu Telefang Power & Speed (Complete MIDI Soundtrack)

Post by jo19.sh92(imported) »

Salutations,

So, there isn't too much to say about myself, so I'll just keep it short and simple:

-My name is Josh
-I'm a digital music composer/musician
-I make nothing but RPG-oriented music (town themes, etc)
-I also preserve video game music, ROMs, and other artifacts

Anywho, at some point in my life, not entirely sure when (I would imagine a few months ago, maybe a bit more), I came across a pack of MIDI files for this game. Unfortunately though, from what I remember, the pack was basically abandoned (to say the least) and practically no progress was made. In other words, not worth downloading.

So, I took it upon myself, to do the VERY SLOW process of exporting the entire Keitai Denjuu Telefang (Power & Speed Version) soundtrack (for the Gameboy Color) into MIDI format (obviously having to listen to both to see if there were any major differences in the music, so far, seems exactly the same). Long story short, it was really slow and really obnoxious to do, but worth it. With that said, let me give you some insight as to how this pack of MIDIs is structured:

-All of the MIDIs do not loop, however, I do believe it is very much possible to make them loopable with a little bit of editing.

-All of the MIDIs have been edited to contain the FULL song, some a little more extended/looped than others.

-All of the MIDIs have been fixed so that any unnecessary REVERB, or other unwanted effects were reduced as much as possible, thus allowing for better editing/mixing purposes in the future.

-All of the MIDIs have been edited to remove as much unwanted silence and/or noise before and after each song, thus preventing "false looping", or in other words, preventing excess sound or silence that should not exist.

This took quite a while, especially since the only programs that can do this sort of thing, are:

-Not in English
-Slow in general
-Sometimes buggy

So, as you can imagine, I had to re-rip some of these multiple times to get the best possible result I could. However, there is one tiny little flaw:

-All of the MIDIs have an increased tempo. This is unfortunately because the program I use to edit them, comes with a built-in tempo that it forces the MIDI to use when exported. If I am correct, every MIDI is about 20% to 30% faster than it originally was, my sincere apologies for that. But I did the best I could to get you a full MIDI soundtrack, rather than just the partial one that I found on here quite some time ago.

Now, for some quick notes:

-All MIDIs are labeled after the place they appear in the main menu's "sound" section, under the BGM. Unfortunately, I don't know the actual names of these songs (so if anyone wants to rename all of them, I'd appreciate it).

-Some MIDIs are intentionally looped/extended, and others are accidentally looped/extended. This is because, during the process of ripping these, I've had to try and narrow down the exact tones before the music loops, and doing that is a bit tiresome. As for the intentionally looped/extended files, they are done this way to make the song a bit more impactful/meaningful.

-Some MIDIs may list two BGMs under one, this is because both of the BGMs were exactly the same, aside from a small difference in the way they start up. For example, BGM #09 and #10 are literally the same song, aside from #09 having an intro that #10 doesn't have.

Feel free to edit these however you see fit. I just wanted to ensure that better quality MIDIs of the soundtrack exists.

Enjoy!

And on that note, if you would like to have soundtracks from other games on the NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom, Sega Genesis/MegaDrive, Super/Gameboy, or Gameboy Color made into MIDIs, just give me a heads up, that way I can run a test on whether or not that is even possible, as some games will not function with the software, this is often due to mapper troubles.

Keep in mind, the longer the soundtrack to rip, the much longer it'll take to get you all the MIDIs. This one took me almost 4 hours, mainly because of having to constantly re-rip certain songs that would generate error noises or break in some manner.
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

Whoa, great contribution! :D

You used emu2midi, I'm assuming? (Built-in tempo and crashing on certain noise channel commands happen now and then with that.) I started using that to study Telefang songs a few years ago, but didn't ever get around to a full, curated MIDI collection. This will speed it up in the future for sure.
jo19.sh92(imported)

Post by jo19.sh92(imported) »

Sherkel wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:01 amWhoa, great contribution! :D

You used emu2midi, I'm assuming? (Built-in tempo and crashing on certain noise channel commands happen now and then with that.) I started using that to study Telefang songs a few years ago, but didn't ever get around to a full, curated MIDI collection. This will speed it up in the future for sure.
I didn't use emu2midi, used some weird premium japanese emulator which required a password to record with
kibo9988

Post by kibo9988 »

So, where is the download link? o_o
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

kibo9988 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:09 am So, where is the download link? o_o
I'd like to know this, too.