Alright, this is important. Voting on T1 names.

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Alright, this is important. Voting on T1 names.

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Alright, since everyone is poking me to finish the names, I figured I'd make this topic...

http://telefang.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Denjuu_in_Telefang_1
This is the current list of confirmed names. It has lots of holes in it.

As I mentioned before, this is because the remaining names have no definite name origin, or have multiple ways they could be spelled. I'm confident in the names I've chosen for Denjuu named after plants, but only first-stage Denjuu actually do that. I'm not really comfortable choosing the single english spelling to use for the evolutions without some kind of feedback.

Here, I'll list the japanese names and some possible english names for a group of Denjuu, and you will post which one you think should be used, or suggest a different name. When I've recognized your vote, I'll edit it into this first post to keep track of them. You can edit your post to change your votes so long as the edit is very, very clearly marked. *nod*

I'll only deal with a few Denjuu at a time, to keep things simple. A name will be chosen when there's enough of a majority. :O
Remember, your choice should not be influenced by the bootleg names or by length restrictions in patches. This will be the true, unadulterated, official name for the Denjuu. It should be based on the japanese spelling. (i.e. Doriaama = Driarmor, since even though it obviously means drill, only the dri- part is in the name.)
For evolution lines here, a -> shows a normal evolution, and a name in (brackets) means that the Denjuu is a dead-end evolution that branches off. *nod*

Closed polls:
The Denjuu names that weren't in question will be greyed out, and the ones that are still being voted on will be red.

#1: Tsunonasu's line - ツノナス -> ギルアース -> ギルギアース -> ギガギガース
Tsunonasu -> Giruaasu -> Girugiaasu -> Gigagigaasu
Tsunonasu -> Gilearth -> Gilgiearth -> Gigagigerth

#2: Ixora's line - イクソラ -> ヒトデーイト
Ikusora -> Hitodeeito
Ixora -> Hitodeight

Poll #3: Angios's line
アンヂオス -> アンヂオーン (アンヂィオン) -> アンヂランス (アンヂパワー) -> アンヂゴーゴ -> アンヂオロス
Anjiosu -> Anjioon (Anjiion) -> Anjiransu (Anjipawaa) -> Anjigoogo -> Anjiorosu
Angios -> Angiorn (Angieon) -> Angilance (Angipower) -> Angigorgo -> Angioros

Poll #4: Gymnos's line
ヂムノス -> ヂムレース (ヂムガース) -> ヂムガノン (ヂムザイラス) -> ヂムバロン -> ヂムザタン
Jimunosu -> Jimureesu (Jimugaasu) -> Jimuganon (Jimuzairasu) -> Jimubaron -> Jimuzatan
Gymnos -> Gymrace (Gymgarth) -> Gymganon (---) -> Gymbaron -> Gymzatan

Continued polls:

Poll #4: Gymnos's line
ヂムザイラス
Jimuzairasu

Still going because there wasn't enough of a majority. :/ Gym is from gymnosperm, etc. This evolution shows up in Telefang 2 as well. D:

A) Gymzirus
B) Gymzyrus - 1 vote
C) Gymzairas - 2 votes
D) Gymzyras - 1 vote

Open polls:

Poll #5: Lapeirousia's line
ラペロイジア -> スコーピル -> キングピン -> スピアーニードル
Raperoijia -> Sukoopiru -> Kingupin -> Supiaaniidoru

Lapeirousia, the desert-type scorpion Denjuu... Its later evolutions (Kingpin and Spearneedle) are clear enough, but the spelling is in question for its first evo.

For Sukoopiru:
A) Scorpir - 1 vote
B) Scorpill
C) Scorpil - 2 votes
Scorp obviously from scorpion. The ending probably isn't "pear" from spear, because you can see how that would be spelled differently in Spearneedle. *nod*

Poll #6: Monstera's line
モンステラ -> ワーミテララ -> シェルステラ
Monsutera -> Waamiterara -> Sherusutera

Monstera from a genus, and Shellstera from Monstera with a shell. Like Lapeirousia, only the first evo is a problem. :/ We can assume they mean worm, but the extra "-ra" doesn't fit the convention.

For Waamiterara:
A) Wormiterala - 1 vote
B) Wormyterara
C) Wormyterala - 1 vote
...Or any combination of them.

Poll #7: Ganraikou's line
ガンライコウ -> コートス -> ファイアーコッコ
Ganraikou -> Kootosu -> Faiaakokko

Everyone's favourite mini-phoenix. Both evolutions need voting on. ):

For Kootosu:
A) Kotos - 1 vote
B) Cotos
C) Cortos - 2 votes
I'm actually pretty lost on this one. It might be another name with no meaning, so just pick whatever sounds best, for now...

For Faiaakokko:
A) Firekokko - 1 vote
B) Firecocco - 1 vote
C) Firekocco - 1 vote
Fire, and kokko/cocco is most likely from the japanese chicken sound effects (kokekokko~, kokkokko...). The ko and co spellings seem to be interchangable. XD It doesn't work in english, but again, localization comes later. *nod*

Poll #8: Kochia's line
コキア -> レイガース -> レイゴーテン
Kokia -> Reigaasu -> Reigooten

Kochia, the flying stingray Denjuu. Both of its evolutions have the prefix "Ray-", but past that, I'm not sure. D:

For Reigaasu:
A) Raygarth - 3 votes
B) Raygirth
C) Raygars (?)
It's spelled the same as Gymgarth, but we could still use something different... *nod*

For Reigooten:
A) Raygoten - 3 votes
B) Raygouten
I'm lost on this one, too... "Gouten" would leave it open for finding japanese meanings later, but I haven't had any luck so far. *sigh*

Future polls:
The following Denjuu have evolutions that still need names:
Hiougi, Punica, Gumi, Suguri, Byakubu, Telopea, Liriope, Sorghum, Eryngo, Noriutsugi, Pampas, Licorice, Viburnum, Funnel, Vanda, Uikyou, Obana, and Gypsophi.
I will try to keep 3 or 4 going at once. *nod*

I'll move onto other Denjuu lines once these are decided, so the sooner everyone gives their opinion, the sooner the list will be complete. :D Feel free to use this topic to debate and throw things at eachother. Have fun. XD
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

I know what you're going to say, but I don't see why he can't be a Rock/Grass-type. What's the big deal. And I still the denju should have a limit of three stages.

Telefang 1 is underdeveloped enough, so we might as well revamp the whole thing. The public won't notice any big changes. My sole mission for Telefang is to bring the franchise closer to Pokemon(officially). Afterall, we owe it to Pokemon in the first place or Telefang would still be barely visible in Japan.

Actually I rather you don't touch on Tsunonas. At least not yet.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I hate to be nitpicky, but please don't hijack this thread. The whole point is to vote for which one you like the best.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: I hate to be nitpicky, but please don't hijack this thread. The whole point is to vote for which one you like the best.
I wan't trying to hijack this thread. And if we are to vote, then where's the poll.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

There's no poll because the stuff we're voting on will change as we go. You just post saying which one you prefer.
Voting on this many names with poll topics would take forever, and wouldn't really let us add new suggestions. Plus this way people can change their vote by editing their post. I did put some thought into this, you know...;_;

And yeah, your comment easily could have gone in another topic. ):
Kid Sonic(imported)

Kimbles wrote: There's no poll because the stuff we're voting on will change as we go. You just post saying which one you prefer.
Voting on this many names with poll topics would take forever, and wouldn't really let us add new suggestions. Plus this way people can change their vote by editing their post. I did put some thought into this, you know...;_;

And yeah, your comment easily could have gone in another topic. ):
Sorry I was any trouble.......
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Tsunonasu
Gilearth (1st Option)
Gilgiearth (1st Option)
Gigagigerth (2nd Option)

Sorry but I think it looks better with this setup.

For Ixora's evolution what am I choosing between?
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Oops sorry I totally forgot to vote xD

Anyway I don't have much opinions on it, just that I think Tsunonasu -> Gilearth -> Gilgiearth -> Gigagigearth (A) is better.

But the options don't sound like the Japanese pronunciation at all...

And A) Ixora -> Hitodeight should be ok.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

So Hitodeven maybe? xD I dunno, it's just that the "deigh" strikes me as too little sound for too many letters. But if that's how it's supposed to be, that's fine I guess. ^^;

I like option A for Tsunonasu's line; like you said, the "earth" part unifies it and gives it meaning. Or, err, option C would work too I guess, since I know we're supposed to disregard the character limit but can we take pity on the translators for once maybe? xD;

...Also gah why couldn't Smilesoft romanize their game instead of leaving all the work to us? D:<
Kid Sonic(imported)

Yeah, it could have made things easier. Why don't we just give them pun names like Pokemon.

Sararu - Saright (Pun: It's allright)

I still need better names for Kiringiku, Enishida, Hagumanoki, and Abaku-dabaran.