Telefang manga scans!!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Telefang manga scans!!

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:
Kid Sonic wrote: So just translate it and then submit it. Take as long as you need to, but don't just say no.

And if it's so impossible for you guys to do anything. Ask for help, instead of whining about being incapable.

And a good place to host your scans would be Wikipedia, how:

First you have to do it the right way, how to make a site within a site:

1. Edit your user page
2. Upload each page as an image file on Imageshack
3. Create a section for each chapter
4. Then save your changes and restore your previous page.
5. Then go to the link of your last edit in the history section.
6. Then save that link in your user page. That will be your link.

I do it all the time.

Another good host would be Youtube.
We are just saying that...

If you want them hosted on OneManga in Japanese, it won't happen.

If you want to submit it and expect it to automatically become English, that won't happen either.

If you want to add licensed raw manga scans to wikipedia then good luck, but I don't expect it to get anywhere without permission to host it from the publisher (like that will ever happen).

If you want help to translate it then that would be horribly unlikely considering that the number of Telefang fans out there aren't really all that high, and probably even less are qualified for translating manga, if you could ever find them.

Youtube? This is manga, not a video.

If you are willing to wait a loooong time then we can upload translated chapters (when they are done) to OneManga. Don't expect anything in the near future though.

This is the f**king SEVENTH TIME!!! Can you actually read our posts for once? Or do you have absolutely no respect for us? Now I really am "on your case" this time because I am sick of repeating myself.
Now you're pissing me off.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: Now you're pissing me off.
For telling the truth?

I'll tell you what. If you want to waste time finding a way to host these scans then you can do so. If you want to find someone to help translate them then do so. If you believe you can do this stuff like you say you can then stop telling us what we should do and actually do something.

Then again I doubt you will have listened to me. I could say anything and you would take the most offensive sounding sentence in order to fuel your "everybody hates me" attitude. I doubt you even read anything above the last paragraph in my previous post.

I try to be patient with you, but you take it to far sometimes, and it is incredibly frustrating when you don't listen to whatever any of us say, order us around, whine we we don't do what you tell us to do, and take everything as an insult. Now I just got your PM and I know I wouldn't normally go this far, but I'll make an exception this time. Since you love to take EVERYTHING as an insult then I figure you wouldn't mind an actual insult to sink your teeth into.

F**k you!

Now all the text besides my two worded insult is null and void because it'd be the only thing out of this entire post that you will read.

Oh and as of now, I hate you too. Have fun.
Ken(imported)

Post by Ken(imported) »

...Okay. I'm a long time lurker, but I can't just sit out and watch this anymore. Nice to meet you all and whatnot. Sorry my introduction couldn't come under better circumstances... but I need to get something out of the way.

Kid Sonic? You're being selfish and thick like always.

No, this isn't personal. No one hates you just for the fun of it, no one has it out for you, so quit assuming you can shrug off legitimate complaints by pulling that card. I'm calling you out, as others have, for nothing but specific things you've said and done. You treat everyone like stepping stones, a means to achieve your own personal desires that you can just walk all over, and you're all too eager to kick people into shape when they don't do what you want, when you want, even when they have reason and reality on their side. You even scold people instead of thanking them when they try their best to appease you.

You're doing it again. It's been explained to you repeatedly that these can't be hosted on OneManga. No matter how badly you want it, no matter how big a stink you raise, no matter how indignant you get, it's not going to happen until, at the very least, they get translated. You can do one of two things, then--help translate them, or wait patiently until someone else does.

If you don't mind them being in Japanese, then you don't need them hosted anywhere but here. The filesize isn't going to magically get smaller if the scans are embedded in a page somewhere. They need to be downloaded and stored on your computer in cache even if you're just looking at them online... on OneManga or anywhere. They have to be on your hard drive so... why not just download them from here and delete when you're done if you're so pressed for space?

...and I trust that I don't need to explain how less-than-ideal your Wikipedia and YouTube ideas are.

You just need to cut it out and calm down in general. The people here devote a disproportionately huge amount of their time working to help everyone, not just you, get more out of Telefang, but it's apparently never enough. You demand, not request, more and attack or ignore anything that falls outside of your own comfort zone, which I fear you may be doing with this message, so, at the risk of being rude and presumptuous myself, if you're still reading at this point, I ask that you put in your reply, which I'm sure is coming, the sentence "Yes, I read it." It may seem cruel to say this, but I think you either need to reshuffle your priorities or find a new hobby. You're hurting people, not helping. I'm sure everyone would value your input if you could just start working for the community instead of yourself. You need to realize that in life, you will not always get what you want. The world doesn't work that way. You'll eventually need to learn this to survive, so why not now?

Let's get one last thing straight--you're welcome here, just like everyone else. You're a valued member of the community, but you need to start treating people with the respect they deserve. The respect they've been so kind to extend to you all this time, but you've failed to see.

This is really something we should be discussing at length since this isn't an isolated incident--it's been a problem in almost every topic I've seen--and I request that we do just that. Let's get this resolved once and for all. ...But the middle of Kimbles's thread is hardly the place. Sorry for interrupting, everyone.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I wish it was better circumstances too. Even though you have lurked here a while I figured you should get an official, if not late, welcome.

So welcome aboard. :D

The curry storeroom is *points finger* down that way. Too lazy to fetch some. :lol:

BTW, did you draw that Rex avatar yourself? Been a while since I have seen new Telefang fanart.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Nice recap. *shot*

I brought you some curry to the welcome topic, meet me there.

I think I just won't comment all this, 'cause I'd just make things worse.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The Warn system on here seems pretty useless but eh, I think I just applied a week's probation with it.

ANYWAY in an attempt to halt this derail, I started uploading a few pages of the manga to my webspace the other day but they're so huge at fullsize that it's not too practical. I could probably upload all the zips there though, and small (translated hopefully) pages later.
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Okay.

Allow me to point out that the manga is effing awesome and extend my gratitude for Kimbles for scanning the thing and letting us all know about it.

Your work is epic and I salute you for it. Keep up ze good job. ^^

Also Fungus are freakin' adorable in this, and Krypto/Shigeki crack me up so hard. <<
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote: The Warn system on here seems pretty useless but eh, I think I just applied a week's probation with it.

ANYWAY in an attempt to halt this derail, I started uploading a few pages of the manga to my webspace the other day but they're so huge at fullsize that it's not too practical. I could probably upload all the zips there though, and small (translated hopefully) pages later.
When you have added the English text, can I have the full size pages to play around with? Or send me the translated text and I will add it and clean up the pages (hoping for this one since I have gotten pretty good at it after playing around with those avatars).
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Chapter 6. And, that's volume 1. ^^

I think I got better at scanning as I went. XD Anyway, now that we have a full volume done, maybe we can start pestering some friendly scanslation groups (if those exist?) to consider translating it. XD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Ahahaha that chapter made no sense whatsoever.. the Denjuu who appeared are great though XD

plus bonus children's fanart gahaha