Telefang manga scans!!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Telefang manga scans!!

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Wooo, it's what you've all been waiting for. XD The first chapter of the Telefang manga~

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gm2zrxehoog

These are the full size scans...*nod* Since I can't remove the pages, the spine is always going to be a bit blurry, but other than that I think they are pretty good quality. ^^; Tell me what you think or how to improve if there's a problem....

It's a monthly series, so each chapter is around 30-40 pages, 17 chapters...*nod* It was very time consuming to scan just one though, so I'll upload more when I have the time. *nod*

XD I guess now the challenge is to find a scanslation group who is willing to do it....
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Kimbles wrote: Wooo, it's what you've all been waiting for. XD The first chapter of the Telefang manga~

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gm2zrxehoog

These are the full size scans...*nod* Since I can't remove the pages, the spine is always going to be a bit blurry, but other than that I think they are pretty good quality. ^^; Tell me what you think or how to improve if there's a problem....

It's a monthly series, so each chapter is around 30-40 pages, 17 chapters...*nod* It was very time consuming to scan just one though, so I'll upload more when I have the time. *nod*

XD I guess now the challenge is to find a scanslation group who is willing to do it....
You could try www.onemanga.com. Maybe they could do it.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

This is the best thing and I love you. Crypto flinging dead (KO'd?) Denjuu into a pile and Nejiro chewing apart a baseball bat have absolutely made my day.

Is it okay if I upload this to a folder on my site?
Kimbles(imported)

RacieB wrote:Is it okay if I upload this to a folder on my site?
Definitely~

And Kid Sonic, I'm fairly certain that OneManga only hosts manga that other groups have already scanslated. They don't do any of the work, and won't take the manga unless it's in english. ):
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yayyyy, thank you!

Also, I'm trying my hand at translating it now.. I'm just working on the character intro page as a test, it's tedious but kind of fun too XP

EDIT:

..a monkey? Really? Well, I guess it does make sense but.. I still see him as a sheep >_>;
Kimbles(imported)

XD Yup, a monkey... I guess it's more obvious in japanese though, since it's always making monkey noises in the manga and game (really). XD

Anyway, I did get the gist of the story when I read through the manga, but I found the text much harder to follow than the game's.... >_< I was thinking of it when I got the manga, but I wouldn't really be comfortable translating it now until I'm way better at japanese and wording stuff...*sigh* I have a kind of deep-rooted fear of messing up a translation such that it's incorrect, but looks right enough that nobody will catch it. <_< Stuff like character intros is probably no problem, but heck I wish we had someone here who knew japanese for real...;__;
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I always translate stuff by copying it character-by-character into CharMap, then pasting that into as many different translators as I can in order to get the best idea of what it says x__x Trying to do that with kanji is a massive pain though...
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Well of course he would be a monkey. Look at Enteiou.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Hmm, I have a question about Suguri. His bio box seems to insinuate that his appearance is deceiving, is that correct? I can't tell if it means that he helped Crypto despite looking sneaky or some such, OR that despite helping Crypto he's actually a bad guy? I would guess the former but I can't tell, not having seen what happens XP

Although now that I think about it, I guess the character bios wouldn't spoiler the rest of the manga in that way would they.. saying "HE HELPS CRYPTO BUT HE'S REALLY A BAD GUYS" would be a bad page 1 spoiler if it were true, I'd think >__>; Plus, I can't see Miyo's Denjuu being an antagonist, but who knows how the story changes from the game's.

Nice for his bio to reiterate that he "can fight even cover the eyes" though =D

EDIT: These are what I've done so far. Do they seem accurate? http://telefang.meowcorp.us/denjuubios.jpg
Kimbles(imported)

I'm pretty sure it means that even though he doesn't look it, he's a trustworthy guy... *nod* Don't worry, he's good...^^;

For Crypto, I would say "The first Denjuu Shigeki met" rather than "Shigeki's first Denjuu" ....I dunno, since you don't really own Denjuu like you do Pokemon. XD Also, I think it says he's always annoyed/irritated or whatever, rather than that he's easily annoyed, though that is also true....*nod*

On Waratah's, I think it just says that he's a helpful guy despite being the mascot, not mentioning battles...

For translating stuff, I use a freeware program called JWPce... D: It's for english speakers, lets you type japanese really easily, and has a built in totally excellent japanese to english dictionary... It's pretty much my favourite program ever. >_>; It has a bunch of different ways to search for kanji, too... XD The main issue though is that the dictionary doesn't have romaji, only hiragana, so I guess it would depend on that....*shrug*