Re: Twitch plays Telefang

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Superjustinbros(imported)

Post by Superjustinbros(imported) »

If Start didn't have that many uses in the original Telefang, then why not disable that button instead of Select? Start was also disabled while the mob was doing Zelda, and they got stuck at the title screen because of it. :U

I agree that someone who has more knowledge and respect of Telefang should be the ones hosting a Twitch plays Telefang channel, so they could host the original Japanese bug-less version, maybe with the beta English translation intact so they at least know what they're pressing for most of the game. They could also do a document citing collected items and Denju numbers, and where to go next, like the Pokemon runs.

...And now they're doing Mario Kart Super Circuit. Just... No. Keep it to RPG's since those you can just take your time without having to worry about anything but the strength and status of the player's characters.

I apologize for the bump, but the streamer has plans to re-host Telefang sometime following their second Pokemon Red run. And based on what's listed in the description, "Pokemon Diamond (Telefang)", it will be the broken bootleg.

I wonder what'll happen if the Mob winds up with a Game Over and will have to restart the game from square one since getting them to save is out of the question?
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

I've been playing Telefang Speed version and the Engrish Pokémon Green bootleg on my Twitch stream lately.

And they're at it again; this time to finish the entire story from beginning to end.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

They beat the game, and were about to go fight the Smile Sisters when stream switched to Pokkén u_u
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Well, they beat the game! That's impressive enough. :)
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

Wow, that's impressive that they made it through. I wonder how much advertising it earned the fandom.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It's hard to say, it definitely earned the wiki a ton more views though, and we might have even gotten a few more forum lurkers. There were roughly 300 people playing at any one time, so it's certainly the most mass attention the game has gotten in.. well, YEARS. ;w;
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

300 people?! That's even more shocking that they made it through then. Some of the dungeons are well beyond Pokémon standards in terms of length and confusion, not to mention the unlikelihood of running away from random encounters, though there is a map.
(can you approve my username change, by the way?)