Telefang manga scanlation

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
DaVince

Re: Telefang manga scanlation

Post by DaVince »

RacieB, Dipsacus and I have been working on translating the Telefang manga!
We've just released the first chapter.

http://manga.telefang.net/

The text for chapters 2 and 3 is also already translated, but the images still need editing. You can expect something soonish.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Stickied~ :crypto: I am so hype about this, I love this comic and I'm glad we actually get to release it publicly now xD

I'm working more on ch2 edits also, the first page was the hardest one what with all the text overlapping art but that's done with!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

This is so awesome. This is the first time I'm actually reading the manga myself. Cheers to everybody involved.

:crypto: :crypto: :crypto:
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Oh yes. Yessssss. I no longer have to stare at the pictures and pretend to know what is happening.
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

I thought that the translation of the first chapter was released, like, over a year ago on this thread:

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/515383/1/
RacieB, Aug 9 2013 wrote:I've also got all of the individual pages here: http://telefang.meowcorp.us/manga/
I admit that there are a couple new pages translated, but they seem to be introductory pages rather than part of the first chapter.

Don't get me wrong: I appreciate the translation and the effort all of you put into it; it just seems a bit anti-climactic for the big release to include only a couple newly translated pages.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Lots of stuff has been tweaked / retranslated / etc, also it's more that the release is public now and is having regular work done on it rather than sitting in the projects pile for ages :F
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Man, I kinda forgot that it got released, haha. I did know that the previous project was pretty much not going to make any further progress though. But yeah, I just started the translation from scratch. Seemed like a better idea at the time for various reasons (consistency, getting used to it, being able to redo the pages).

Text-wise it's further along than the old one and still making progress. I'm definitely not abandoning this, though be aware that I'm also juggling things with the Telefang 2 translation and another unrelated ROM translation. :)
Imaynotbehere4long

So, I just noticed that the second chapter of the manga was translated, but no announcement was made. Why? It seems like all the effort that was being used to translate the games is being used to translate the manga, so at least that should be kept up to date, right?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I think we did do an announcement but it was mainly on Tumblr (did we seriously forget to do one here too? lol wow) I actually plan on going back over ch1 with DaVince's fixed script soon, re-editing pages and such. Maybe we'll also get ch3 done...?
Imaynotbehere4long

Well, I don't blame you for not making the announcement here since hardly anyone posts here anymore. I guess it would be better for me to follow one of the Tumblr accounts instead of coming here; which account should I follow for translation updates (the games and the manga)?