If it isn't too much to ask...

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Aural C. Edgewynd(imported)

Re: If it isn't too much to ask...

Post by Aural C. Edgewynd(imported) »

Well, yeah, y'know... is there any right now or do we have to do it ourselves?

I've been searching around for weeks, and there seems to be none. >_>
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Aural C. Edgewynd wrote: Well, yeah, y'know... is there any right now or do we have to do it ourselves?

I've been searching around for weeks, and there seems to be none. >_>
Are you asking for a rom? If you are, topics like this aren't allowed. Eno uoy MP dna dnif nac I tub.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

I think she means graphic rips. ^^; There aren't any that I know of on any of the regular sites, but is it too difficult to rip 'em ourselves?
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Zephyr wrote: I think she means graphic rips. ^^; There aren't any that I know of on any of the regular sites, but is it too difficult to rip 'em ourselves?
Sure it is. That is unless we could find these roms.

Ahem... First of all, I'm a guy. >_> And I meant music rips. TF 1 already has been ripped, as RacieB has the mp3 files on her site. And I had the ROMs already, just no idea what to do with them. >_>
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Sorry Aural. D: Lack of a gender field forces me to draw conclusions that may be inaccurate.

Music rips is a great idea. xD; Although personally I think the TF2 music is a little annoying, that's still no reason to not rip it. Wonder what program you would use?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I actually ripped some songs a while ago using VisualBoyAdvance, but never uploaded them anywhere. Here are some of the songs I ripped:

- In a town
- In a forest-looking town (can't remember the name)
- In the ocean
- The hideout (this music is awesome!)
- The relic
- When in a route from one town to another
- In a mart

Unfortunately, the battle songs are really hard to rip, because you'll always have sound effects at the beginning. Of course, you COULD turn off one of the channels for a short time, but it still sounds a bit awkward. Anybody know if there's some GameShark code or something that disables sound effects?

Also, the Telefang 1 songs on RacieB's site were ripped using a cruddy version of VisualBoyAdvance, which is, sadly, the version that everybody uses. The reason why it's so cruddy is because the GB/GBC sound emulation doesn't sound right at all. The bass is almost impossible to hear, there are these loud "muffling" noises, it's a bit too sharp, and it sounds scratchy. In some games (thankfully, Telefang isn't one of them), sometimes there are these nasty buzzing noises too. Basic Game Boy or VBA 1.8.0beta sounds better.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

There's this software called Sappy which can play and save music from certain ROMs which use M4A for music, or something. Basically it works only on Pokemon ROMs as well as certain other ROMs. I've tried it, it doesn't work. (version is Sappy 2005) :(

Battle Theme - Wild Encounter!

I tried, at least.

The first minute is the encounter music, and the last two are the actual battle music.

I threw it into NCH WavePad, which is the most godly music editing program I've seen, and faded it out around 2:50.

Feedback? :)
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

There's the extra sound effects, but good work. :)