Overworld Sprites

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Blaziken257

Re: Overworld Sprites

Post by Blaziken257 »

I remember that pic of Doon, and I could have sworn I took a picture of that, but for some reason, I can't find it anywhere on my computer. In the meantime, I do have some other ones:

Image I don't remember where this was from

Image This is the scene when you fight Otome for the first time in Speed Version

By the way, thanks for ripping all those backgrounds! I swear some of those could have fit Pokémon perfectly :) I can very easily imagine Toxicroak on the marsh one...

EDIT: Here's another battle background:

It's in the desert towns.

Oh and by the way, once I made a mock-up shot of Ruby/Sapphire with a Telefang 2 background just to see how it looks:

garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

I think the one of the 3 weirdos is from when you first meet them in the lab in the human world. (Their pants are freaking weird. How do they walk like that!?)
Btw, which exact scene is the Rex vs Gyuun from? I don't reall remember seeing anything like that throughout the game...or I'm just inattentive D:

Neat, I remember the desert bg :D I loved it.

Oh, some T-Fangers I ripped:
Image - Yuu
Image - Otome
Image - Midori
Image - Random guy w/ Koikaru near the beginning of game
I forgot about the dads. ><
And I think there are still others...
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

IIRC, there was also a special background for when you were fighting on the ocean, although maybe they just used the beach one. Still worth a shot.

And it's ironic that you posted that Pokemon battle mockup thing, because that's in fact exactly what I'm planning to use the backgrounds for-- with credit to garm, of course. I work for a Pokemon fangame and we were looking for some nice, colorful backgrounds, and these are perfect. I'll post screens of them in use when I can.

...And I just so happened to snag the Rex vs. Doon version of that vs. Gyuun one that you have. (Yay! I've been of some use!)
(Hm. I wonder if it would be the same if Rex was in one of his Mod evolutions instead...? Can you Mod-evolve him before the first rival battle?)
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

I think I upload a few of those images myself(Diablos and Lecus vs Doon). Actually, I just remebered. I only ripped them.

Everything else:

Doon

Gyuun

Pre-Antenna Tree
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Zephyr wrote:IIRC, there was also a special background for when you were fighting on the ocean, although maybe they just used the beach one. Still worth a shot.
Well if you battle on the ocean this bg is used:
wrote:(Hm. I wonder if it would be the same if Rex was in one of his Mod evolutions instead...? Can you Mod-evolve him before the first rival battle?)
Yeah, you can. I modded him before the rival battle...maybe that's why I didn't get the pic? xD

Btw, random stuff I ripped from the intro (hell messy, I know):
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

No one really said anything about the zip file, so I assume it works...but *in case* it doesn't, here are the not yet transparentised sprites:
(But since the ones in the zip file are transparent and renamed I *hope* it works)
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »