denjuu 2

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
MomoalsX(imported)

Re: denjuu 2

Post by MomoalsX(imported) »

why is denjuu 2 nowhere near as good as the first one, or is it just me.

there needs to be a colosseum / xd style denjuu game
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Telefang 2 is a pretty decent sequel imo - the graphics were pretty great, the music was decent, separating habitat and attack types made battles way more strategic, items were actually made useful for more than just evolving, Denjuu having the ability to evolve into different types than themselves, fusion evolutions were made reversible so you could try different Denjuu out and fill the index easier, addition of a minigame on the D-Shot (vase game), and unlockable / downloadable Melo-Ds.

The stuff I didn't like - removing the majority of Telefang 1 Denjuu, near-useless map (it only shows the overworld, so getting lost in the enormous dungeons is inevitable), removal of lab evolutions, removal of personal Melo-Ds for Denjuu families, and removal of custom Melo-Ds.
Jdbye(imported)

Post by Jdbye(imported) »

RacieB wrote:The stuff I didn't like - removing the majority of Telefang 1 Denjuu, near-useless map (it only shows the overworld, so getting lost in the enormous dungeons is inevitable), removal of lab evolutions, removal of personal Melo-Ds for Denjuu families, and removal of custom Melo-Ds.
Would you rather it be like Pokemon where there are way too many different monsters? :P

Edit: This forum needs a :P emoticon badly.
Merc

Post by Merc »

I think it's silly how they removed most Telefang 1 denjuu yet kept a few. It's like they planned to update them but then got lazy.
Jdbye(imported)

Post by Jdbye(imported) »

Merc wrote:I think it's silly how they removed most Telefang 1 denjuu yet kept a few. It's like they planned to update them but then got lazy.
That might be true. A lot of the Denjuu artwork for Telefang 2 seems subpar, or doesn't even make sense.
But according to RacieB they only had one artist drawing the Denjuu, so that may be why. Maybe she quit or something...
MomoalsX(imported)

Post by MomoalsX(imported) »

is there an editor for denjuu 1 that allows you to edit game elements?, similar to how pokemon ruby has hack roms made by people an example is shiny gold rom or pokemon black
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

She didn't quit. Saiko Takaki designed and illustrated the series logo and all of the Denjuu in Telefang 1. The human characters were designed / illustrated by Kino Kozue, who was also the writer / artist for the manga.

For Telefang 2, Saiko Takaki was the sole artist / character designer (this is probably why the human characters look odd compared to the first game.) Promotional art shown in Bom Bom seems to indicate that she did illustrations for all of the Denjuu poses used ingame (front and back / still and attacking) - that's a ton of work if so, 800 illustrations in all. So I can't blame her if she didn't want to draw all of the old Denjuu too, but I really miss them in T2!!
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I like it just as much as telefang 1. It is the game that introduced the koikarus afterall.