Telefang 2 sounds different in every emulator...

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Blaziken257

Re: Telefang 2 sounds different in every emulator...

Post by Blaziken257 »

...that I use.

It's rather annoying, without having the game, it's hard to tell which emulator is most accurate, and I'm picky about that type of thing. I tried VisualBoyAdvance, plus a version with different sound (this one is really meant for GB/GBC), as well as VisualBoyAdvance-M, a beta version with some bug fixes but also has some new bugs, NO$GBA, and Boycott Advance. With the exception of the first two emulators, Telefang 2's music sounded completely glitched, and sounded different on each one as well. But even if you compare the former two, they sound different. So which one is most accurate? I'm guessing it's the very first one, since it's the best sounding. The second one sounds too much like a Game Boy Color.

Can anybody who has a copy of Telefang 2 tell which emulator is the most accurate? It would help me a lot and I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Hmm.
Did you set 44kHz at all the emulators? Because that affects the sound quality (44kHz is the best).
Yeah though, even if it sounds best in VBA, No$GBA is the best gba emulator around.

Oh, and uh, I could compare it to the bootleg cart, but I didn't take it with me XD :fungus:
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

XD Interesting, I've noticed that emulators always tend to sound slightly off...*nod* I compared them all to the menu music, and I think normal VBA is the closest, but still not right... >_> The issue is that they make the wrong instruments loud, I think. Though I couldn't get VBA-M to work at all for me to test it. :/
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Normal VBA is the closest? I figured that was the case. And you're not really missing anything with VBA-M, because it sounds COMPLETELY messed up with Telefang 2. Some instruments aren't even heard, and others are either way too loud, don't sound right at all (for example, it generally has the wrong tone, etc.), or are just really glitchy in general. And for some reason, Telefang 2 is the only game affected (that I've seen)... (Side note: to get VBA-M, you'll need 7-zip to decompress it.)

And as for frequency, I think 44khz is default on everything, though I don't think it should make a significant difference in the loudness of certain instruments.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Telefang 2 just came in the mail. VBA is pretty close to the real hardware, but it has some short distortion issues at random intervals during the intro. I have heard that VBA distortion thing on some other games such as Harvest Moon FoMT.

I wonder how well the music emulates under gpSP v0.9... :D
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

I test it on SUPER CARD LITE flashcard and I can said that sound Quality is good. Without small problem with FREEZE when I run entering to new area.