Re: What does this blue orb item do?

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
jlun2

Post by jlun2 »

It's in the snowy mountain chest, if you somehow managed to get there early and/or without triggering the boss fight there. I don't recall ever obtaining this orb however on a "legit" playthrough. I tried googling "みずのたま", but either I got the name wrong or it's too obscure. It's not on the gamefaq guide for this game either.

Does this item ever appear normally?

Edit: I also went back to the mountain after beating the trio there normally, and the chest remained open. It won't give you this item either.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Hi! I'm not terribly familiar with everything about Telefang 2, but going through the Japanese script, this seems to be a quest/story-related item.

It seems that you are going after a group of three people at some point. A Denjuu guarding some place, Ryuuguu, won't let you through because you need the Water Orb (which is the item you're showing above). He tells you he let the other three people through because they were able to show this orb to him. Of course, he can't let you through because they were the ones to have the ball. Your character then pleads to let him through by having a Telefang battle instead. You win, you pass right on through.

Again, I'm not familiar enough to know if the item has a legit use, but the story text around Ryuuguu does not seem to have alternatives - just the one event where you plead with him to let him through through a battle.

That's my two cents!

Edit: it even says "you obtained the event item 'Water Orb'". d'oh.
jlun2

Post by jlun2 »

Thanks very much! Sadly, you seem correct about having to fight Ryuuguu; even if I used cheats to obtain this item before talking to the Denjuu, I'm still forced to fight it.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

You're welcome! It's still a very cool discovery. Also makes me wonder how you got there this way (just plain old cheating?). =)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Oh neat, I always wondered about this item, I don't recall ever getting it ingame either! There's also this D-Shot item that is never used, however its minisprite is utilized in the human world D-Shot store for choosing new models. Image

jlun2

Post by jlun2 »

DaVince wrote:You're welcome! It's still a very cool discovery. Also makes me wonder how you got there this way (just plain old cheating?). =)
At the moment, cheating by changing X/Y values, since it appears the keys for the locked doors do not work until you advance enough of the story. I'm not sure if the flags for the doors can be triggered without also having the theives be in the room however.

On the topic of items, any idea where the held items for various boosts are located? The gamefaq guide never mentions the items that boosts DP (ID 42, 43, 44) . They are all incidentally orbs too.
jlun2

Post by jlun2 »

RacieB wrote:Oh neat, I always wondered about this item, I don't recall ever getting it ingame either! There's also this D-Shot item that is never used, however its minisprite is utilized in the human world D-Shot store for choosing new models. Image

After playing the game again, I believe I found the D Shoot:

Is this it? I checked the ones on the human world, and they seem to be the different coloured ones you mentioned.

Do they also have those large sprites?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The store sprites are only used to select a new menu GUI, so you never see large sprites for them. I still don't remember getting the normal D-Shoot ingame though, what area is that?
jlun2

Post by jlun2 »

The cave north of the 3rd village. You fight Gymnos there before you move a crate right next to him to get this phone.