Denju/Pokemon similarities

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Denju/Pokemon similarities

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

I don't know if any one has noticed this, but there are some comparision between the denjus and the pokemon:

Tsunonasu - Bulbasaur
Oshe - Charmander
Kokia - Squirtle
Kesi - Rattata, Zigzagoon, Bidoof
Monstela - Caterpie
Punika - Clefairy
Gumi - Grimer
Raperoijia - Scorupi
Licnis - Sheller
Ixora - Staryu
Warata - Jigglypuff
Noriutsugi - Pidgey
Panpasu - Chinchou
Ro-danse - Gastly
Bibanam - Aipom
Laiglion - Ryhorn
Obana - Cubone
Banda - Machoke
Eriago - Spinarak or Nincada
Bubaria - Krabby
Kaya - Meowth
Denfare - Bronzong
Sara-ru - Wobbufet
Gamuru - Scyther
Goteria - Pinsir or Heracross
Papaueru - Wailord
Kiringiku - Yanma
Gonumu - Ditto
Ba-jeria - Rapidash
Sorugumu - Gliger
Deipusakusu - Aerodactyl
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Hey you're right! omg!

Haha. It's amazing how you look at Kaya and think it's Meowth. xD
Kid Sonic(imported)

Anymore i've missed?
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Just because they're loosely based off of the same animals/have the same ingame function doesn't exactly mean they are all that similar. :/ It just so happens that in monster-collecting games there's bound to be fodder monsters like Ratatta or Kesi, bird monsters, dinosaur monsters, etc. And some of your comparisons don't make any sense.

For example, Zinunas and Bulbasaur. I don't get it. :/ Zinunas is kind of horselike with a shield on its head, and it gets bipedal as it evolves. Bulbasaur, on the other hand, is a kind of dog or dinosaur with a plant on its back, and remains bipedal as it evolves. Oshie I can kinda understand, what with it and charmander both being lizardish and all, but Oshie becomes a rock-based triceratops whereas Charizard is a dragon. Kesi is a lizard, a chameleon actually; if we were to go by that, it'd actually be more like Kecleon.

...But, uh, you get what I'm saying. :/ Lots of your connections make no sense.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Zephyr wrote: Just because they're loosely based off of the same animals/have the same ingame function doesn't exactly mean they are all that similar. :/ It just so happens that in monster-collecting games there's bound to be fodder monsters like Ratatta or Kesi, bird monsters, dinosaur monsters, etc. And some of your comparisons don't make any sense.

For example, Zinunas and Bulbasaur. I don't get it. :/ Zinunas is kind of horselike with a shield on its head, and it gets bipedal as it evolves. Bulbasaur, on the other hand, is a kind of dog or dinosaur with a plant on its back, and remains bipedal as it evolves. Oshie I can kinda understand, what with it and charmander both being lizardish and all, but Oshie becomes a rock-based triceratops whereas Charizard is a dragon. Kesi is a lizard, a chameleon actually; if we were to go by that, it'd actually be more like Kecleon.

...But, uh, you get what I'm saying. :/ Lots of your connections make no sense.
Tsunonasu, Oshe, and Kokia are at the beginning of the dex and their appearances match the grass, fire, and water elements. Also, one of the names of Tsunonasu's evo's: Girugia-su is derived from both "giga" and "grass".

http://racieb.ggmedia.us/telefang/names.html

And besides, who says Tsunonasu can't be a grass and rock-type if he were a pokemon.

What else do you think doesn't make sense. Tell me every detail and i'll explain all. I thought hard about this.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

...Well, I can assure you there's no way to get the word grass out of Girugiaasu. XD
But yeah, I have to agree that most of these make no sense. There's no point trying to match every Pokemon up with every Denjuu when you have to stretch it that much. :/ Some of them are based on the same animals, but stuff like saying that Tsunonasu is similar to Bulbasaur because of its number and because it's grass themed (which it isn't even, it's mountain type...) is just kind of silly. :/
Most monster raising games like these are totally inspired by Pokemon, sure, but I think that among them Telefang has some very nice original monsters. ): It's kind of depressing seeing people try to ignore that by loosely matching them up to an existing series, you know? D:

...Besides, if you're comparing their roles in the game, I'd say that Oshe is the rattata of the game, since it's available in both versions and shows up freaking everywhere. D: Even then though, it's still completely different from any Pokemon... :/ I guess I just don't see the point.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Kimbles wrote: ...Well, I can assure you there's no way to get the word grass out of Girugiaasu. XD
But yeah, I have to agree that most of these make no sense. There's no point trying to match every Pokemon up with every Denjuu when you have to stretch it that much. :/ Some of them are based on the same animals, but stuff like saying that Tsunonasu is similar to Bulbasaur because of its number and because it's grass themed (which it isn't even, it's mountain type...) is just kind of silly. :/
Most monster raising games like these are totally inspired by Pokemon, sure, but I think that among them Telefang has some very nice original monsters. ): It's kind of depressing seeing people try to ignore that by loosely matching them up to an existing series, you know? D:

...Besides, if you're comparing their roles in the game, I'd say that Oshe is the rattata of the game, since it's available in both versions and shows up freaking everywhere. D: Even then though, it's still completely different from any Pokemon... :/ I guess I just don't see the point.
It's a bootleg that needs revamping. I've working on my own T-Dex for awhile now.

I plan on remaking this game so it can be more Pokemon oriented. It will be great.

Even most of the evo's don't make any sense. I had to get rid of some of the Denjus, like Hiougi, Myrthus, Andion, Reige, or Jea. I even made Musa, Bashou, Ryugu(without prevo), the bootleg box monsters, Kanzo, Ornith, Ganteina, Teletel, and Dendel legendaries.