"Maruju" - a Telefang-based monster-battling game engine

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Dipsacus(imported)

Re: \"Maruju\" - a Telefang-based monster-battling game engine

Post by Dipsacus(imported) »

So, for those of you who don't know that part of me, I'm a former developer of an open-source Pokémon-based monster-battling game engine called "Four Star Mon". It's now defunct since there was nobody to productively work on it and we couldn't get anywhere without an asset maker.

However, a number of people have expressed interest over here in developing an engine to make fangames (especially ones that are like Telefang, i.e. "Telefangames").

As such, I'd like to propose a project called "Maruju", which is another game engine developed with the game-mechanical emulation of Telefang as a target. It would probably take a lot of code from Four Star Mon, but we'd be modifying a lot of it to suit the unique needs of Telefang-like play.

What do you think? Who would be willing to help out?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I'd help but you already knew that :P
Dipsacus(imported)

And it's great to have an actual artist on board this time around :P
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

I figured out how to port Telefang 1 battle system to Pokemon Games. And this is not so hard that we think. Hareder is porting Telefang 2 system to Pokemon Games. If you need some help i can give you some advices how to do it. I can share with you how to do it. I change some code of game. But I still can't change to ideal Telefang 1 system. <I mean Phonebook> Also is still undiscovered ASM code for Denjuu/Pokemon walking with T-Fanger/Trainer. So it needs improvement. I can share with you Dipsacus how I make Telefang 1 effect in my Telefang 3 project.
Dipsacus(imported)

Thanks, Sir Allan, but this engine is supposed to be coded by itself, not spun off of a Pokemon game..
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

I can help you with it. Meybe new system make my Telefang 3 better than it was now. So Music Porting from Telefang 1 and Telefang 2 which I found give an more oryginal feelings. So sad that in KTD2 is not able to turn off SFX. It was making my work harder. Music which I port from Telefang 1 have 3 channels. That from Telefang 2 have five chanells. And i can said. That Telefang 2 music is more friendly for Pokemon RSE roms.