Donating Telefang to Classic Game Room for review!

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Donating Telefang to Classic Game Room for review!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Recently i've been watching a series of game reviews on Youtube by a group called Classic Game Room (CGR) that covers both modern and retro gaming and i've really been enjoying them because they've been both funny and entertaining (as well as informing) about various games. Since they accept donations and I wanted to send some games to them for review, I thought 'Why not send them Telefang?'. They also review imports from time to time and since it's a watched channel, I thought it would be a good idea to send it for review just to see someone else's opinion of the game and also (hopefully) increase it's popularity. Let's see if we can attract some more fans! Letting more people know about Telefang will be a good thing. I'm currently writing up a control guide and basic description of the game's concept and story to help them out, since I know a little Japanese and so there are no misunderstandings. I'm really curious to see what they think. I'll be sending both Telefang 1 and Telefang 2 with the antennas included (I bought copies especially).

I'm also sending Bugsite as well, since it's another game like Telefang with a cool/unique concept that really needs some more light shedding on it out there in the world of gaming. Since they receive a lot of games for review it may be a long time before it's shown, but hopefully it will be covered by them eventually. I still have to wait for a few more unrelated games i'm sending for review to arrive but as soon as they're here i'll be sending the Telefang/Bugsite games off for review with them. I'll let you know when that happens.

If the games are reviewed they'll most likely be featured on either the main Classic Game Room channel or CGR Undertow (it'll probably be this one).

Here's their main channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany

And CGR undertow is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CGRundertow

Let me know what you think!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Sure I guess, but why don't you give them the translation patch we've been working on for the past five years here? You said they don't understand Japanese and that you'd have to write a guide; I really think that playing an RPG you don't understand is a pointless endeavour (unless you're explicitly interested yourself, which they aren't ) and if not for the patch I'd rather play the bootleg, for I could understand something.

My two cents.

fake EDIT: Wait they'd be playing the originals? For recording? That seems clumsy.
I can't look at the channel from my phone here..
It would just seem unfortunate to see somebody struggle with the game when there's a patch.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Why are you being so negative? You've also misunderstood my post entirely. The channel only reviews actual copies of the games, meaning the Japanese originals, not fan-made translation patches. Besides, once someone learns about the game then they can start looking for the patch here anyway, it's readily available. It would be impossible to give them something that isn't official since they only review actual copies of games. All that's needed for their reviews is just a rundown of the story and concept and the basic controls and that's it. I'm not writing a full walkthrough or anything since they'll only be able to cover so much in a 2-6 minute review.

By the way, I didn't specifically say that they didn't know Japanese, as they have a JRPG player in their group who has played a few Japanese games and tends to cover the imports. Since Japanese isn't their first language (naturally) it's only right to help them with the controls so that they aren't left in the dark. They won't struggle as much because they'll have the controls i've written out for them.

I really don't see why there's such a problem in the first place. I've thought everything out very carefully and made sure that they would be able to understand the games enough for a review despite not knowing Japanese perfectly. It doesn't mean the games are unreviewable.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

That is a brilliant idea, I'm subscribed to classic game room ! More people will get to know about telefang that way. :crypto: :fungus:
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yeah, I apologize. I'm gonna blame that terrible post on lack of sleep instead. I checked out their channel; good luck, I hope to see something interesting!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I realize that I'm over a month late (thank my busy/stressful schedule), but I think this is a good idea. This would definitely raise awareness of the game, without further spreading its unwarranted negative reputation. I'm curious if you already sent the games and they haven't done anything with them yet, or if you still have them. I'd like to see them review the game; I'd certainly watch the video, especially when, unlike other videos, it's not going to be filled with biased comments since they'd be playing the authentic game.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Thankyou for being more supportive Sanky, I appreciate it.

I'm still putting everything together at the moment and I need to write up some of the controls for the other games i'm sending, but it won't be long now. Should be a few weeks, but i'll be sure to let you know when everything's been sent. It's all going to Pittsburgh by the way, as CGR/Inecom Company works from there.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Ok, it seems like it's going to take a little longer than expected since i've found some new stuff to package up and send (it never ends! xD). It's going to be a few weeks more, mostly to write up the controls and check everything's there and such. I do apologise for keeping everyone waiting on this, it's an extremely big package i'm sending and there's a lot to work through and get sorted. I'll be sure to let you know once it's all ready and sent.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Woohoo! Finally got everything sent off today and all of it should be arriving within a couple of weeks hopefully. I don't expect anything to turn up this year since there's so much that CGR receives from others to review, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see something turn up next year sometime. It'll be a long wait, but worth it. I'll keep an eye out since I watch the channel everyday. If something turns up sooner i'll let the forum know and post the video here.

EDIT: Decided to slash my comment since stuff has started appearing earlier than expected. Now that everything's arrived it is possible that Telefang may turn up this year, although it may likely be my other donations that turn up first since Telefang isn't a priority for them to review due to it being unknown. They seem to go for the consoles first. Really glad everything's turning out good, so let's all keep an eye out for those Telefang reviews in the near future! I hope you guys are looking forward to them as much as I am.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

A review for one of the games I sent has appeared on CGR Undertow today, so it means at least one of my three parcels I sent has arrived and most likely the one containing the Telefang games.

Although Telefang has not been reviewed yet, and possibly not for a while yet, it's nice to know things have gotten there safely. Hopefully this means more reviews will turn up in the near future.