Telefang Wiki

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Telefang Wiki

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: I think there should be a separate board for Wikifang. But I'm not going to add it yet unless other people agree with me. What do you all think?
We should do that but have it about discoveries or ideas of things that can be added to Wikifang as well as discussion about Wikifang itself.

btw did you see the idea I had on this page:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village...p?showtopic=114
Typhlosion(imported)

Post by Typhlosion(imported) »

Milnivri wrote: CulMon are 文明電獣 in Japanese. And 文明 is civilization, according to Google Translate and BabelFish. The two characters on their own don't mean anything related.

Even it means the same in Chinese.

So maybe CulMons are like Denjuu which are civilised, and therefore cultivated? Lol what a wierd explanation.
Perhaps "Cultured Denjuu" is what's intended?
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Here's my reasoning: Natural, Culture, and Technical (or whatever) are different stages of civilization. Natural Denjuu are the most basic forms of Denjuu (not that they're less intelligent or anything, just that they've been less impacted by technology.) Cultural Denjuu, on the other hand, are at a higher level than Natural Denjuu and therefore must evolve by more complicated methods (ie, test evolution.) But Technical Denjuu are the most high-tech of any of them and need to reform-evolve (which is considerably more advanced than DNA mixing or whatever, I'd say.)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Will the "Telefang Wiki" and "Easy Dog is LAND type?" threads be moving to the new Wikifang board?
Zephyr wrote: Here's my reasoning: Natural, Culture, and Technical (or whatever) are different stages of civilization. Natural Denjuu are the most basic forms of Denjuu (not that they're less intelligent or anything, just that they've been less impacted by technology.) Cultural Denjuu, on the other hand, are at a higher level than Natural Denjuu and therefore must evolve by more complicated methods (ie, test evolution.) But Technical Denjuu are the most high-tech of any of them and need to reform-evolve (which is considerably more advanced than DNA mixing or whatever, I'd say.)
What about "TruMon" as "Perfect Denjuu" maybe?
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Andwhy, we're looking for the -actual- translation of what the hell the types are called, as Racie already pointed out. >>;;;
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

StellarWind wrote: Andwhy, we're looking for the -actual- translation of what the hell the types are called, as Racie already pointed out. >>;;;
So what names have been worked out so far? I really need the proper names for my hack.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

This was a long time ago, so how are things going for the stage names for Telefang 1?

Anyway I wanted to ask (why make a new topic):

For Kakuzatou, the wiki page name is Kakuza tou. But shouldn't we use the romanised names (its Stranded Child according to some topic out there)? Not the Japanese names?
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

I think it should be Stranded Child, but I don't know how to move it. XD
Just to nitpick, romanization refers to writing the kana in english letters, so "Kakuzatou" IS the romanized name. "Stranded Child" is the translation. ;)

Kimbles or I could probably translate all the stage names if someone could screencap the kanji...or when we get the games.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I guess you can move the "Kakuza tou" entry to "Stranded child" and make it redirect. Also, make "Kakuzato" (Engrish name) and "Kakuzatou" redirect as well.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Just redirect "Kazukato" not "Kazukato (Engrish name)", I guess.

By the way, what are the romaji for Kazuka tou? There are so many combinations. *directing to ppl who know jap ahem*