Telefang Wiki

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Milnivri(imported)

Re: Telefang Wiki

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

I think Kakuza Party would be best. :)
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Stranded Party?

Well the way I see it:

Stranded - Deserted, isolated, etc.
Party - Group, troop, gang, etc.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Team Sugarcube! xD There's your Pokemon reference, Kid Sonic. Kimbles proved that Kakuza didn't mean "stranded"-- the name's a pun.

...We could turn it into a party name, akin to "democrat" or "republican." Sugarican. Haha. They don't use the Suguri line much though, which is a pity because it almost works.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Zephyr wrote: Team Sugarcube! xD
Hell yeah!!!
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Zephyr wrote: Team Sugarcube! xD There's your Pokemon reference, Kid Sonic. Kimbles proved that Kakuza didn't mean "stranded"-- the name's a pun.

...We could turn it into a party name, akin to "democrat" or "republican." Sugarican. Haha. They don't use the Suguri line much though, which is a pity because it almost works.
I feel shafted.

Where'd you get sugar or cube from?
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

Kid Sonic wrote:I feel shafted.

Where'd you get sugar or cube from?
Kimbles wrote:The name is a pun on kaku zatou, the japanese term for cube sugar. *nod* It's been mentioned before that in Telefang, the kakuza is written in katakana and the tou is in hiragana. That's why the name can't be just translated as "sugar cube", because kaku means square and satou means sugar, and you don't mix alphabets within words. XD The idea is that it is a political party in context, but when said aloud it sounds like sugar cube.
Also:
Kimbles wrote:Kakuza on its own doesn't really mean anything here, since the "stranded" word only seems to apply to large vehicles such as ships being unable to move.
No offense, but people might take your suggestions more seriously and not "shaft" you if you read their posts first. In this case, you would've seen why "stranded" can't work in the name. (It only applies to boats, not people.) :)