Skin

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
bucketheadj(imported)

Re: Skin

Post by bucketheadj(imported) »

i think you should make the text smaller and put just 2 denjuu on each side and the glowing is a little much
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

OK, I'll make it less embossed. But I don't think I should just put two denjuu at the sides. After all, we are including all 3 Smilesoft games. :) We should include all the "starters" from each game.

Perhaps it really is messy, I'll go change it... ><

EDIT: It's done! Image
Milnivri(imported)

Now, sorry for reviving this thread, but I think we really should come up with a custom skin for ourselves, so that the templates can all follow the same theme.

So anyone willing to help me here? (if I have already said this, sorry, but my design sense sux.)
M3FTW(imported)

Post by M3FTW(imported) »

I'll help in any way I can. All I have is good ol' MSPaint and a really old version of Photoshop Elements, so no fancy looking parts will come from me. I looked at the Wikia thing and I'd help IF I knew which things they were talking about. But since they don't offer an example for what most of the thingies (yes, thingies, like the search bar, logo, THOSE thingies) are called. But if there was still a way to help, I'd like to.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Hm... I'd reccommend basing it off of the title screen for TF and TF2, with the main body being dark blue and the bar dividers being slightly darker but with a yellow border (if you can do that... also if you can do that, put little phone icons on 'em too.) The text would be... not white, but a very light gray. The insides of tables would be lighter than the main body.

Let's see if I can find some good colors...

Body
Header
Header outline
Background
Text
Links
Milnivri(imported)

Well, I thought that a lighter skin would be better, and have black text instead, but oh well. I can't say much. :/
M3FTW(imported)

Post by M3FTW(imported) »

That actually sounds like a really good idea. I'm curious though as to how the colors would look on it.

One question though, is the font editable? If so, you could always change the font to a more Telefang-ish font, just to make it seem more unique. I'm not sure if wikia allows you to change the font or not (although uploading a font is more important, I guess) , so I'm not exactly sure if this is possible.
Milnivri(imported)

Using a font on a website requires the user to have the font installed on his computer. Unfortunately there's no way to force every single person to have that font. :(

Anyway the English Telefang font is so ewww. We were planning to replace it with Pokemon or DKC fonts, or make our own. See other threads.

That's why it's best to stick to fonts like Arial or Verdana or Tahoma (whatever)
Milnivri(imported)

Hey guys, I know you all are tired of the current Wikifang banner. (to tell the truth I'm sick of it too)

So here's a replacement:

It's kinda based off Tulunk's banner, and is more similar to the first banner in this topic.

EDIT: oops double post.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: Hey guys, I know you all are tired of the current Wikifang banner. (to tell the truth I'm sick of it too)

So here's a replacement:

It's kinda based off Tulunk's banner, and is more similar to the first banner in this topic.

EDIT: oops double post.
That header is full of awesome. What I don't get is why it is not at the top of wikifang yet. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually that "black" outline around the word "WIKIFANG" should be changed to the colour "#74531D" or "#927014" before you upload it.